No more beef

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Hobbit112 said:

Locked away Tommy?  Not really as Mother Nature has been perpetually recycling carbon through the millennia or we would not be here as we are all carbon-based.

Of course you are right about some of that Hobbitt... 

Life - as we know it - is carbon based - with water too. 

I mean carbon that was locked away in that much carbon was physically entombed inside the earth - look at what has to be done to extract oil, gas and coal? It is not just lying around on the surface, it has been locked up in rock for millennia...

Also, trees absorb carbon dioxide and set it into the earth again... but that is more available - as you say...

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, robert k said:

Don't forget that you are talking about a sealed ecosystem in that petri dish. Those wastes broken down could make excellent plant food. That might have provided sugars for the bacteria, yeasts and molds. It wasn't an ecosystem.

You make another good point, Robert...

But I guess I look at the earth as a sealed ecosystem. Everything here is finite, but, at our current stage of development, it seems infinite to some...

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Gary D said:

My personal view is that we are not causing climate change, we are accelerating climate change.

I agree with you, Gary. I simply cannot believe that all our human activities are not somehow affecting our world...

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Hobbit112 said:

Some experts say 100 liters to 200 liters a day (or about 26 gallons to about 53 gallons), while others say it's up to 500 liters (about 132 gallons) a day. In any case, that's a lot of methane, an amount comparable to the pollution produced by a car in a day.

My partner, L, would suggest that I emit somewhere close to that daily amount! I keep away from open sources of fire...

• Haha 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

No Bulls***

" Nothing will benefit Human Health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet" Albert Einstein.........Are cows the cause of global warming? | Time for change

Edited by Kuya John
paragraphing
  • Like 2

Mick
Posted
Posted
On 8/14/2019 at 5:01 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

No more beef products will be served at Goldsmith University in UK because cow burps contribute to global warming.

Oh my God!  Next thing you know they will be banning burritos as human farts contribute to global warming.  These the the future leaders of the UK.  Brexit does not sound like such a big problem anymore.:571c66d400c8c_1(103)::571c66d400c8c_1(103)::571c66d400c8c_1(103):

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/aug/12/goldsmiths-bans-beef-from-university-cafes-to-tackle-climate-crisis

I would have thought eating more would help cut the problem 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Problem solved

1-cowbackpacks.jpg

The key to us getting back to the moon;  more power!

cow-farts-2.jpg

If you thing the Hong Kong protests are bad, just wait!

f7976-cowcapitolprotest.jpg

• Haha 4

robert k
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Kuya John said:

No Bulls***

" Nothing will benefit Human Health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet" Albert Einstein.........Are cows the cause of global warming? | Time for change

And yet, Albert Einstein was NOT a vegetarian. "I have always eaten animal flesh with a somewhat guilty conscience," Also Albert Einstein.

• Like 5

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, robert k said:

And yet, Albert Einstein was NOT a vegetarian. "I have always eaten animal flesh with a somewhat guilty conscience," Also Albert Einstein.

Robert,

It's true, only in the last year or so of his life was he a vegetarian, however that was 1953/4,,,,,,,,,,,,, 65 years ago!

A man ahead of his time. :thumbsup:

PS: I eat meat and enjoy it, but if I had to kill my own, I no doubt would become a vegetarian too, for that matter, so would a huge amount of the world population. Problem solved.

Edited by Kuya John
missing word added

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Robert,

It's true, only in the last year or so of his life was he a vegetarian, however that was 1953/4,,,,,,,,,,,,, 65 years ago!

A man ahead of his time. :thumbsup:

PS: I eat meat and enjoy it, but if I had to kill my own, I no doubt would become a vegetarian too, for that matter, so would a huge amount of the world population. Problem solved.

It's okay John, I would kill so you can eat, just as I would for my own family and there will always be someone who will. However, I hope I never run into one of those who eats meat but refuses to shake hands with the butcher.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1