No more beef

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jimeve said:

I reckon it wasn't a comet that made the dinosaurs extinct,  they made themselves extinct. Think about it those giant grass eating dinosaurs must have polluted earth with massive farts. 

Or did they make themselves ex-stink?:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 8/14/2019 at 5:01 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

No more beef products will be served at Goldsmith University in UK because cow burps contribute to global warming.

Story:  The house I once rented in Cebu was owned by an enterprising Brit who had 6 pig pens and a large concrete shit collector.  The methane collected from the pig shit was piped to the house and powered his gas stove.

Yes there is that much methane in the shit from a dozen pigs.  Methinks they are "not eating" the wrong animal.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Story:  The house I once rented in Cebu was owned by an enterprising Brit who had 6 pig pens and a large concrete shit collector.  The methane collected from the pig shit was piped to the house and powered his gas stove.

Yes there is that much methane in the shit from a dozen pigs.  Methinks they are "not eating" the wrong animal.

Methane is a wonderful fuel. I have seen and read a number of articles about collecting and using it. I think it is a great idea that should be pursued - especially here since so many people (including me) love eating pork...

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

I think it is a great idea that should be pursued

Here is the big problem.  The collector looks like big concrete "still" and has a bunch of copper pipes running from it to the house.  The copper pipes got stolen so much that it became impractical to use it.  So if anyone was to follow in that Brit's footsteps he would have to find an alternative to copper piping. 

• Sad 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Here is the big problem.  The collector looks like big concrete "still" and has a bunch of copper pipes running from it to the house.  The copper pipes got stolen so much that it became impractical to use it.  So if anyone was to follow in that Brit's footsteps he would have to find an alternative to copper piping. 

Maybe a big, mean dog? Or a fence?

jimeve
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Or did they make themselves ex-stink?:laugh:

That was my ex-wife:shock_40_anim_gif:

• Haha 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

why does the pipe have to be copper?

• Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Maybe a big, mean dog? Or a fence?

There was a mean dog and a 14 foot high concrete wall around the place.  People do go out sometimes.  Fiipinos can get over a 14 foot high concrete wall in 10 seconds (seen it done).  People who know dogs can get around them.  (Picture the dog whisperer or Crocodile Dundee).

Bye bye copper.  Any other metal may also dissappear but copper pipes and copper ground rods dissappear the fastest.

• Thanks 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

why does the pipe have to be copper?

It was tradionally used in the past but I do not know why.  So good question Jim.   Here is an article where the fellow seems to have done the same thing with plastic pipe.  It would make the whole thing cheaper.

http://www.wcasfmra.org/biogas_docs/6 Biodigester manual.pdf

EDIT:  See how we solve all the world's problems on this forum?  The silly students were trying to solve the problem by not eating beef.  We are discussing how to recycle the methane. :7500:

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

EDIT:  See how we solve all the world's problems on this forum?  The silly students were trying to solve the problem by not eating beef.  We are discussing how to recycle the methane. :7500:

I want to turn methane [that would normally be burned off as waste] into methyl alcohol to be added to fuel instead of wasting corn alcohol (or I hear people sometimes eat the corn stuff), but the greenies won't listen to me.

• Like 1