Water

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I'm in Puerto Galera.  Meant to be tourist heaven with some of the best diving in the World and nice beaches with a few girlie bars.  

Once settled here it's the brown out capital of the Philippines, poor water supply, expensive and poor wifi, expensive food and rip off tricycles. Added to this the women have wizened up to ripping off inexperienced foreigners. Apart from that it's great here lol

Yes Snowy, I have been there a few times and thought it was great, especially where there were bars where the ferry arrived, sitting there looking over the bay with a few coldies, until I returned and there was a big mound of dirt and gravel blocking the view, then on the next visit they had moved the watering holes back up the street.

Someone in Puerto Galera really knows how to stuff up a good thing.

With popularity comes contempt, as the boats squeeze the tourists in to make money, with the seating in the boats meant for schoolchildren not adults.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Huggybearman said:

I always thought they were all blackouts until an engineer explained that a blackout is a sudden, unexpected loss of power, a brownout is a scheduled switching off of power in a particular area either due to planned maintenance or to deal with anticipated excess demand. Here in CDO planned brownouts are advised on the power companys website, apparently.

Well I stand corrected, either brownout or blackout is still sucks.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Yes Snowy, I have been there a few times and thought it was great, especially where there were bars where the ferry arrived, sitting there looking over the bay with a few coldies, until I returned and there was a big mound of dirt and gravel blocking the view, then on the next visit they had moved the watering holes back up the street.

Someone in Puerto Galera really knows how to stuff up a good thing.

With popularity comes contempt, as the boats squeeze the tourists in to make money, with the seating in the boats meant for schoolchildren not adults.

Yes.  It's rapidly going down hill. The good news is the local powers who were screwing everyone for their own good are now going to be screwed by the Provincial government which  has stepped in to help tourism. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 8/15/2019 at 5:56 AM, sonjack2847 said:

I would go and see the mayor and if that does not work then I would call 8888 and report it to the DU30 hotline. This is what I have heard a lot of people do when they get no answers from local government utilities. Another alternative is the utilities commission or DTI.

Your screwed. :4617: As the saying goes..no money  no honey! Just a fact of life here.:SugarwareZ-037: