Superstitious or just afraid of negative thoughts?

stevewool
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

NAH! Life can be Hard enough without Gobbly Gook from those that Think they know better :wink:

I was looking for that word the other day, Gobby Gook , thank you :thumbsup:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, North American said:

First post here.

My wife is from the Philippines and whenever something seems to be highly unlikely to happen, I'll just say so. For example, if somethings sounds too good to be true, I'll just say that it's probably not true. But she claims that my doubts about things will create negative energy, which will cause everthing to fail. She always wants me to say that everything is possible and that everything will succeed. Is this some type of Filipino thing?

Just make sure her positive energy is not turned on during the next Ponzi scheme fiasco! :shake_80_anim_gif:

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, North American said:

I'll just go along with her superstitious stuff, unless she wants me to invest in something like a ponzi scheme.

Excellent idea.   Need to save the ammunition for the important battles. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Well, 'superstitious' and 'afraid of negative thoughts' are the same thing ha ha.

My wife is not overly religious but has the basic superstitions that are common here.  She knows I don't buy into  any of that junk, so we just don't discuss it.  There was a kid with some odd thing safety pinned on the back her shirt. When I asked about it, all my wife would say is it was a "witch doctor thing".  It was all I needed to know. No more questions needed.  :tiphat: 

• Haha 1