Car and driver for sightseeing in Cebu

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Any recommendations for a car and driver for Cebu sightseeing next week?  I decide not to do self drive as we only need it for 2 days of sightseeing, and it is a lot more efficient to have a driver at the popular places.

I looked at the taxi thread and that info is dated.

roddavis
Posted
Posted

I got one here in Cebu. Car 2016 Suzuki (Ciara, our car and driver my SO,s brother-in-law. he drives us all over Cebu). PM me if interested.

:cheersty:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, roddavis said:

I got one here in Cebu. Car 2016 Suzuki (Ciara, our car and driver my SO,s brother-in-law. he drives us all over Cebu). PM me if interested.

:cheersty:

What type of car is a Ciara?  I just googled and found nothing.  We are 5; 2 adults, 1 teenager and 2 small kids.  My wife and 3 kids can fit in the back of a small car, but I don't want it to be too small.

roddavis
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

What type of car is a Ciara?  I just googled and found nothing.  We are 5; 2 adults, 1 teenager and 2 small kids.  My wife and 3 kids can fit in the back of a small car, but I don't want it to be too small.

Bigger than I've got. You will need a van to get everyone around.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, roddavis said:

Bigger than I've got. You will need a van to get everyone around.

Actually a Vios has worked for us.  The 3 year old sits on mom's lap.  However I would prefer a van.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Just back from Cebu today.  I did not need to rent a car or car with driver because my wife's cousin and her hubby "T" insisted on taking us all over the place!  Very nice of them!  We used taxi's 3 or 4 times.

I'm glad I did not rent a car.  It would have been very hard to find my way around.  T knows the city and Mactan well enough.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
Maxheadspace
Posted
Posted
On 8/15/2019 at 11:08 AM, OnMyWay said:

Any recommendations for a car and driver for Cebu sightseeing next week?  I decide not to do self drive as we only need it for 2 days of sightseeing, and it is a lot more efficient to have a driver at the popular places.

I looked at the taxi thread and that info is dated.

There are definitely benefits to just hiring a driver.  Last year I took my wife's family on a distant vacation from Manila to the provinces, ten total with my wife and I.  Hired a driver with a late model Toyota 11 passenger van for five days, one price, which included a flat fee for the driver's food and lodging: $500 plus gas.  He drove us around morning, afternoon and evening every day to all the sites we wanted to see.  You couldn't touch that in the US or Europe!  Unfortunately I don't know any drivers in the Cebu area.

Viking
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Maxheadspace said:

There are definitely benefits to just hiring a driver.  Last year I took my wife's family on a distant vacation from Manila to the provinces, ten total with my wife and I.  Hired a driver with a late model Toyota 11 passenger van for five days, one price, which included a flat fee for the driver's food and lodging: $500 plus gas.  He drove us around morning, afternoon and evening every day to all the sites we wanted to see.  You couldn't touch that in the US or Europe!  Unfortunately I don't know any drivers in the Cebu area.

You made the same mistake that I did :tongue:, check the date it was posted. Trip is already done.