Cebu City Area Sightseeing

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

What are your top suggestions for the sights around Cebu City, like up in the hills?  I've seen pictures of some nice spots but did not dive in yet.  I will hire a car and driver for 1 or 2 days of touring.  We are going to go to the Snow World down in Minglanilla one of the days and I don't think that will take long, so we might be able to hit some places to the south that day.

Thanks!

• Like 1

roddavis
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, OnMyWay said:

What are your top suggestions for the sights around Cebu City, like up in the hills?  I've seen pictures of some nice spots but did not dive in yet.  I will hire a car and driver for 1 or 2 days of touring.  We are going to go to the Snow World down in Minglanilla one of the days and I don't think that will take long, so we might be able to hit some places to the south that day.

Thanks!

In the city are several very old churches, Santo Nino etc. Magellans Cross downtown, more old churches @ 15-1600's? Mactan island.

Moal Boal-coast, Kawasan falls...many places!

• Like 4

Gary D
Posted
Posted

The taoist temple is worth a stop for some selfies

• Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Gary D said:

The taoist temple is worth a stop for some selfies

Yes, the pictures I saw looked very nice!

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

The Taoist Temple is one of the very few tourist attractions that I've been attracted to more than once.

I want to see the Temple of Leah.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

The Taoist Temple is one of the very few tourist attractions that I've been attracted to more than once.

I want to see the Temple of Leah.

Yes, the pictures I have seen of both look very nice!

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

The Whale Shark is worthwhile. The girls would love it and they have safety equipment for small ones.

From Cebu City there is a road going over the mountains to the opposite coast. It's a fairly high pass near to the pass is a nice restaurant with great views and an easy walking trail. Nearby is a activity park with simple trails your family would enjoy also some zip lines and stuff too advanced for the girls.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Old55 said:

The Whale Shark is worthwhile.

It would take at least a four hour drive from Cebu City and they only do this in the mornings.  May not be a good choice if you only have the two days.  I do recall going through a really old military fort in Cebu City (or close to it) many years ago.  I cannot remember the name, but other members may know of it.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Fort San Pedro. 

Yes, Oslob is best done early morning. Depart 5AM? Two + driving hours south. Return trip 3+ hours. There is a falls near to Oslob driving north I forget the name worth a stop. Also 1/3 way back a large old Cathedral with interesting museum. 

• Like 3

TimL
Posted
Posted

Fuente.... :hystery:

• I'm Confused 1