Cebu City Area Sightseeing

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Old55 said:

There is a falls near to Oslob driving north I forget the name worth a stop.

I believe you are referring to Tumalog Falls.  We went there last year and it is definitely worth the stop.  It is quite a steep walk to get to/from the falls from the parking area.  You can purchase rides down and back from locals on motorcycles.  Your travel times were much more accurate than mine.  I live in Moalboal on the west side of the island and was figuring Cebu City > Moalboal > Oslob.  Much quicker to stay on the east side of the island.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I believe you are referring to Tumalog Falls.  We went there last year and it is definitely worth the stop.  It is quite a steep walk to get to/from the falls from the parking area.  You can purchase rides down and back from locals on motorcycles.  Your travel times were much more accurate than mine.  I live in Moalboal on the west side of the island and was figuring Cebu City > Moalboal > Oslob.  Much quicker to stay on the east side of the island.

Tumalog Falls looks really nice but I don't think we want to go that far.  Same for Oslob.

We have 4 nights in Cebu City, staying right near the Fuente Osmena Circle.  Then we go to Mactan near the beach for 3 nights, so our water activities will be down there.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Old55 said:

The Whale Shark is worthwhile. The girls would love it and they have safety equipment for small ones.

From Cebu City there is a road going over the mountains to the opposite coast. It's a fairly high pass near to the pass is a nice restaurant with great views and an easy walking trail. Nearby is a activity park with simple trails your family would enjoy also some zip lines and stuff too advanced for the girls.

Is that the same road these temples are on or the road going to Toledo City?

Screenshot (512).png

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Yes, it is Don. I see Sirao garden to the west of the temples and then Haven Cafe`. The cucumber juice there is amazing. 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

L and I swam with the whale sharks at Oslob two years ago... It was really cool to do that. But the crowds were awful - few people followed instructions about avoiding contact with them. It was a zoo.

I should say that I am an avid SCUBA diver... I have been swimming with sharks and other critters many times in the wild. So maybe I am spoiled?

L was scared because of the size of the sharks, even though they are harmless to humans. There were just too many tourists there and most were out of control...

So maybe it is fun for a one time visit - especially with kids - but I will never return there...

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

L and I swam with the whale sharks at Oslob two years ago... It was really cool to do that. But the crowds were awful - few people followed instructions about avoiding contact with them. It was a zoo.

I should say that I am an avid SCUBA diver... I have been swimming with sharks and other critters many times in the wild. So maybe I am spoiled?

L was scared because of the size of the sharks, even though they are harmless to humans. There were just too many tourists there and most were out of control...

So maybe it is fun for a one time visit - especially with kids - but I will never return there...

Oslob is very far so I will reserve the whale sharks there for a future visit when the kids are bigger and good swimmers.

As mentioned, we will be in Mactan.  Last time we were in Cebu a guy on the street sold me a whale shark whistle and guaranteed it would bring them close.  I will give it a try in Mactan.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, OnMyWay said:

As mentioned, we will be in Mactan.  Last time we were in Cebu a guy on the street sold me a whale shark whistle and guaranteed it would bring them close.  I will give it a try in Mactan.

We only spent a couple of days in Cebu, but loved the city and area. The nearby mountains are incredible and there are a lot of great restaurants everywhere. Enjoy a wonderful time there!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

We are in Cebu City now.  My wife's cousin and  hubby have been very generous, taking us out last night and we are going to tour some of the mentioned sights today, so we don't need a car and driver yet.

Flight from Clark to Cebu on Air Asia was fine. Legroom was the smallest I have ever had, but flight was quick.  Left early and arrived even earlier!  The new Mactan airport is nice and we easily got a white taxi.

First night in the city we stayed at a cheap Air Bnb.  You get what you pay for!

Now we are in a really nice 2 br Air bnb in Crown Regency residential tower 3.  Owned by an American and his wife, it is perfect for us.  Two br and one cr upstairs, nice kitchen, sala and cr downstairs.  Has a washer too.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Now we are in a really nice 2 br Air bnb in Crown Regency residential tower 3.  Owned by an American and his wife, it is perfect for us.  Two br and one cr upstairs, nice kitchen, sala and cr downstairs.  Has a washer too.

Sounds nice, what was the fee?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Sounds nice, what was the fee?

All in including cleaning and service charge, I think it averages about 3700 a night.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1