Chinese Tourists being a bit disrespectful?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Clermont said:

I take it you've got sympathy for all the service personnel that came up short while on shore leave. The communal system they had way back in them days was a squat system, and yes it was hard on the knees and forehead, especially when trying to put the strangle hold on JT when a pretty sheila walked in and squatted down beside you. Yes relieving yourself back in them times was hard on a young bloke straight out his mums arms and it was hard knocking the ladies back that wanted to render assistance when you were spread eagle on the floor. Times were tough back in them days, you young blokes don't know how good it is to have walls to steady yourselves, back then if you got a sideways movement, chances were you'd take two or three patrons out with you, but not once did anyone get angry, just laughed along with me. Yes it was hard relieving yourself back in them days, but I wouldn't have missed it for quids. :thumbsup:

Nice story, Clermont.

Having travelled around SE Asia and India, China etc etc I've had my fair share of squat toilets - I'm sure once you get the hang of it (pun intended) they are more hygienic and better for you body than the Western style.  

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

This subject raised it's head on my local area Facebook.  The Chinese weren't being complemented much by the Filipinos but as luck would have it I was sailing out of Batangas ferry port and witnessed the Philippines finest at work.  A used diaper dumped next to the chair and surrounded by rubbish.  Mind you it was a good 5 steps to the waste bins.  The ones they had to pass to board the boat. 

20190820_192423.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

This subject raised it's head on my local area Facebook.  The Chinese weren't being complemented much by the Filipinos but as luck would have it I was sailing out of Batangas ferry port and witnessed the Philippines finest at work.  A used diaper dumped next to the chair and surrounded by rubbish.  Mind you it was a good 5 steps to the waste bins.  The ones they had to pass to board the boat. 

20190820_192423.jpg

Must have been a Chinese-Filipino! 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

New "enforcement" of laws vs foreigners. I found this online this morning... Obviously the Chinese appear to be the target, but this is a reminder that we should all be extra careful about our behaviour and respect for Philippine customs and laws:

Philippine National Police spokesman Police Brigadier General Bernard Banac on Wednesday said citizen’s arrest could apply to foreigners who violate the country's laws.

“If situation warrants, it is enshrined in our laws that we can exercise citizen’s arrest, and immediately turn over to proper authorities anyone apprehended for proper disposition,” Banac said in a statement.

Banac emphasized that as Filipinos, it is the duty of every citizen to “get involved in maintaining peace and order,” which includes calling out anyone, both locals and foreigners, who disrespect laws and local ordinances.

But, Banac said the incidents must be immediately reported to authorities.

However, he pointed out that the maintenance of peace and order is the primary mandate of the PNP, noting that the police would continue to strengthen law enforcement through police visibility patrols.

Moreover, Banac warned foreign visitors, tourists and workers against disrespecting the country's laws, or face arrest.

The PNP's remark came after a photo of a foreigner, who seems defecating into a receptacle in Intramuros, surfaced and went viral in social media.

Manila City Mayor Isko Moreno had ordered the Manila Police District to search and identify the man in the photo. 

But the of Intramuros administration found no waste in the receptacle in the photo, adding that the person who took the photo may have been trying to stir up anti-Chinese sentiment. —LBG, GMA News

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 8/20/2019 at 6:14 PM, hk blues said:

Nice story, Clermont.

Having travelled around SE Asia and India, China etc etc I've had my fair share of squat toilets - I'm sure once you get the hang of it (pun intended) they are more hygienic and better for you body than the Western style.  

At 70?

• I'm Confused 1

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes of course,  'foreigners' are all the same, aren't they. 

Let's make them ALL a target . :rolleyes:

What a foolish, xenophobic, and ignorant statement to make... but, we are mere guests here and must accept what is dished out. 

Edited by graham59