Buying a condo in taygaytay

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, jimeve said:

It is what it is Jack, think where you are. Noise and philippines comes in hand in hand.

I have rented several Air BnB condos and never had a noise problem.  The high rise condos are usually very strict with rule enforcement.  We got in trouble for hanging some clothes to dry on the balcony!  :bash:

• Like 4

jimeve
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I have rented several Air BnB condos and never had a noise problem.  The high rise condos are usually very strict with rule enforcement.  We got in trouble for hanging some clothes to dry on the balcony!  :bash:

Tommy T started the noisy condos, I'm only stating that Philippines is noisy I think we all agree on that.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I agree.  Who is going to manage Air Bnb rentals for you?  That is a lot of work and if you don't have someone really good doing it, the units will get bad reviews and you won't have anyone renting from you.

Even more importantly, and this is only my opinion, caution should be used when buying condos in the Manila area right now.  Tagaytay is not directly in Manila, but Tagaytay investors are.  Manila condo prices are up 40% in the last year or so, due to the Chinese POGO operators.  I think it is a bubble getting ready to burst and if all the 100,000 to 250,000 Chinese POGO workers get sent home, boom!

Personally, I wouldn't touch the Philippines from a property investment point of view because I'm not convinced that the supply and demand theory is in place here - it seems to be a "build it and they will come" kinda system!  

That said, let me know where you fan buy a brand new condo with gym, pool etc etc in the UK and US for 80,000 USD or so and I'll send you a cheque pdq! 

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jimeve said:

Tommy T started the noisy condos, I'm only stating that Philippines is noisy I think we all agree on that.

And I mentioned that just so P. T. is forewarned if he proceeds to buy condo(s). Some places are worse than others so I offer the same advice I have elsewhere here - check any place out carefully before committing.

I notice that real estate prices keep climbing here in Davao. More high-rises. I wonder if this is the Chinese effect too? I am not aware of gambling operations here, but then I don't notice a lot of things at times...

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Also check that rental is allowed until fully purchased, some don't. If you are reliant on rental for the project to fly you could soon be in trouble as rental can be patchy.

• Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

I notice that real estate prices keep climbing here in Davao. 

If it's anything like where I am, the prices are climbing for new-builds because the developers are simply adding the usual 5-10% per annum to last years prices for the new units. Try to sell a 2nd hand unit and let me know a) how easy it was and b) how much profit was made. I'd also wonder how long the units will last - based on what I see around me, you may well have a pile of rubble to show for your investment in 25-30 years! 

I really hate to be so negative about this, but I've genuinely not seen anybody in my area do any better than get MOST of their money back when selling a unit 2nd hand. Manila and Cebu may well be different but I'd caution anyone buying for investment growth rather than income to think carefully. 

• Like 4

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Government figures, I don't have them to hand at tbe moment give the life expectancy as 60 years.

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Gary D said:

Government figures, I don't have them to hand at tbe moment give the life expectancy as 60 years.

Is that for the Condo or for the person Gary? :hystery:

Edited by Kuya John

P. T. Kelly
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I agree.  Who is going to manage Air Bnb rentals for you?  That is a lot of work and if you don't have someone really good doing it, the units will get bad reviews and you won't have anyone renting from you.

Even more importantly, and this is only my opinion, caution should be used when buying condos in the Manila area right now.  Tagaytay is not directly in Manila, but Tagaytay investors are.  Manila condo prices are up 40% in the last year or so, due to the Chinese POGO operators.  I think it is a bubble getting ready to burst and if all the 100,000 to 250,000 Chinese POGO workers get sent home, boom!

I got in-laws that would take care of cleaning and prep (for a fee of course) 

I need to figure monthly payments when the places were not actually renting. 

Or just stick to one. 

As a back story I own a home near St Louis Mo and I am a traveling Crane operator and I am living in hotels 8 to 10 months a year and in the last 3 years I have only actually been home a total of maybe 6 months...... Not at once either. 

This year I was home 6 weeks at one stretch and 4 days ,4 days and 2 days to cut the grass and check the mail. 

I live in hotel rooms as of right now I'm in an extended stay America and I've been here since July 1.

So living in a 2 room condo might be an upgrade considering the dasma home is much larger and I will be splitting time between them in a wonderful tropical locale. 

• Like 2

P. T. Kelly
Posted
Posted

Gary d,  what life expectancy? 

Mine which will probably be less than 60

Or the building?