Not a pet peeve but!.....

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Selfishness is what I find drives a lot of the people here it`s all about me. But the 2 in the original post by JP should have known better.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Selfishness is what I find drives a lot of the people here it`s all about me. But the 2 in the original post by JP should have known better.

You only have to take a look at the UK newspapers to see that this is not exclusive to the Philippines.  I read a story today about an 18-year old who was in the process of making a formal complaint to the supermarket chain Asda, because they refused to let her bring her dog into the store - not  a guide dog.  Dogs are not allowed.  She is asking what is she supposed to do as it's only a puppy and she can't leave it at home!  

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, hk blues said:

You only have to take a look at the UK newspapers to see that this is not exclusive to the Philippines.  I read a story today about an 18-year old who was in the process of making a formal complaint to the supermarket chain Asda, because they refused to let her bring her dog into the store - not  a guide dog.  Dogs are not allowed.  She is asking what is she supposed to do as it's only a puppy and she can't leave it at home!  

I cannot compare the UK as I have not been there in a long time, I rarely read uk news.

• Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I cannot compare the UK as I have not been there in a long time, I rarely read uk news.

Good move - it would drive you to despair!  

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

, I rarely read uk news.

I wish I didn't :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• 2 weeks later...
benrye27
Posted
Posted

Her audacity is quite irritating to be fair. I always see girls in public transportation combing their hair and applying makeup while going to work or school. They're squeezing their time doing personal stuff like this in public just because they didn't commit extra time to do this at work. I know some friends of mine that air dry their hair during commute; they don't have the spare time to let it dry at home because they often wake up late. 

jimeve
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, benrye27 said:

Her audacity is quite irritating to be fair. I always see girls in public transportation combing their hair and applying makeup while going to work or school. They're squeezing their time doing personal stuff like this in public just because they didn't commit extra time to do this at work. I know some friends of mine that air dry their hair during commute; they don't have the spare time to let it dry at home because they often wake up late. 

Seen girls on back of scooters drying and combing their hair going to work, Yeah no time to dry it at home busy checking the FB msg.

• Haha 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 8/18/2019 at 12:35 PM, RBM said:

Mexican dish in Dumaguete

That really exists? Might have to move there if it tastes authentic!:biggrin:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Seen girls on back of scooters drying and combing their hair going to work, Yeah no time to dry it at home busy checking the FB msg.

And hanging their heads out of baby buses to achieve the same thing.:wave:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

There seems to be a lot of narcissistic behaviour here. L spends half her time in the car always looking at herself in the little mirror in the flip down sun shade. She is already beautiful and I continually remind her that she cannot make herself beautifuller... she ignores my comments and continues doctoring her already flawless makeup...

Everywhere I go, Filipinas are always combing or fluffing their hair - it is a cultural obsession. Unfortunately, many of them do not seem to care about their surroundings and do this near or in restaurants and other public venues, as Jack has already described...

I guess that may be another topic - lack of care about others, just one's self?