My visa woes

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have heard other people talking who have had this said to them and they continued staying here with no problem. 

• Like 3

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Goodluck with this, I'm sure come extension all will be fine.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

I have heard other people talking who have had this said to them and they continued staying here with no problem. 

I have had it "said" to me, as have many others, but never had a piece of paper given to me or had my name put in the computer on any kind of watch list.  That is where it becomes complicated, IMHO.  The fact that they have those bits of paper to hand out means that the actions are now sanctioned by the "higher ups" but how high up?

I wonder if it makes a difference how you phrase your answers.  If you say "I was on a vacation with my Filipina gf who I live with in Cebu", then I could see being referred to a different kind of visa.  How about if a person said:  "I am visiting with my Filipina gf from Cebu while we try and arrange for her Visa to (fill in the country here)?? 

I am looking for answers as I must leave Philippines for a couple of months and then return.  Having been a perpetual tourist for over a decade I need to be sure I give the correct answers on my return.  One might think that a person who goes back and forth to their home country every year or so would have a good case for saying they are just a frequent tourist, but there is no requirement/recommendation that I know of for how long they want you to stay away.

An excellent example is the US/Canada agreement.  Canadians can be tourists in the US for 6 months then they must leave for 6 months.  Nicely spelled out.  Follow it to the letter and never have a problem.  Snowbirds do that their entire life.

RBM
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

First I had to do a visa run a month early because they would not give me my last month which made a few things difficult for me but anyway it's done and arrived back in Cebu about 4pm yesterday.

After a long wait in the immigration queue it was my turn. The female immigration officer questioned me for being here so long as a tourist. It was very hard to hear what she was saying but she said I must convert to permanent visa as l am not a tourist.  She then left and came back with a piece of paper and ticked visa conversion and gave to me.

I got my thirty days but now dont know if I can extend. I didn't see her enter anything into the computer but who knows.

Has this happened to anyone else? 

BI.jpg

My guess, so would be just another burocratic move from a senior local BI officer. 

The fact you saw nothing entered  in to the computer and obtained the 30 days there should not be an issue. It's more of a suggestion to encourage semi permin anticipation visa. 

That would be my take on it.

• Like 3

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I disagree in the point that there is no reason not to continue my extensions because everyone else has been doing it for years. I followed the rules and did everything per book for the last 35 months and expect to do it again and pay their fees.

I dont believe there is anything in the immigration rules to stop me.

I can not afford a SSRV and the only other visa I could get is a 13a but my wife and GF dont get along so might be hard.

At this point I think all I can do is front up for the next extension and hope for the best.

A few months ago I posted where a friend comes and goes and immigration told him he should apply for a different visa.  Could be that I got the wrong immigration desk at the airport. :unsure:

Not saying it's right but visa extensions are 'at their discretion' which means they can do what they like. They'll just say you're not a tourist if you're staying here for so long.

cindy01
Posted
Posted

Hello interested applicant, I seek your permission to post on this page.Job opportunity in LONDON... I am looking for serious workers to work in my home here in LONDON.. Like an Au Pair/Nanny, Babysitter, Chef, Driver, Security Guard, Office Cleaner, Domestic Workers, Housekeeper & Governess...Host Family is responsible for (,flying ticket,food and accommodation free) if you are interested in work with anyone email me or send your CV to (xxxxxxxxxx0 at g m a i l d o t c o m )

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Not saying it's right but visa extensions are 'at their discretion' which means they can do what they like. They'll just say you're not a tourist if you're staying here for so long.

I think their discretion would be only at the airport. Once they allow someone in then the law should apply from that point. 

TimL
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I think if you say that you are a tourist and never thought it would take so long to visit the over 7000 islands then maybe they will see the logic. 

Excellent point!!! As funny as it is, it would be hard to argue with the logic.