My visa woes

virginprune
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Still good for the tourist visa renewals though.  Those applicants were in and out in approximately 2 hours.

2 hours :shock_40_anim_gif:my renewals average 20 minutes. Once when really busy it took 45 minutes, after a national holiday.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, virginprune said:

2 hours :shock_40_anim_gif:my renewals average 20 minutes. Once when really busy it took 45 minutes, after a national holiday.

I guess it depends on how many tourists or expats are in your area. :tiphat:

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Sometimes it is under an hour (with rush payment), other times "come back this afternoon" (with rush).

Without rush... Up to a few days.

• Like 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, GeoffH said:

For those whom it is an option the Balikbyan priviledge might be a better choice.

Is it regulated how long time you must be out of the country, before you can get back and enjoy the priviledge of the Balikbayan once again?? 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Viking said:

Is it regulated how long time you must be out of the country, before you can get back and enjoy the priviledge of the Balikbayan once again?? 

Officially Viking it is More than 1 year for the Spouse to be out of the Philippines but this has been relaxed for many years.  I get the impression  though that this could revert with what is going on :smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Officially Viking it is More than 1 year for the Spouse to be out of the Philippines but this has been relaxed for many years.  I get the impression  though that this could revert with what is going on :smile:

It's should be 1 year if the spouse is resident in the Philippines to stop resdents popping in and out to take advantage of the duty free perks, such as they are. If the spouse is resident abroard there doesn't appear to be a minimum limit. We will be doing 6 months in and 6 months out every year.

• Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Gary D said:

It's should be 1 year if the spouse is resident in the Philippines to stop resdents popping in and out to take advantage of the duty free perks, such as they are. If the spouse is resident abroard there doesn't appear to be a minimum limit. We will be doing 6 months in and 6 months out every year.

Yes Gary I agree but my thoughts are based on what a Friends daughter was told at  the Seminar as she wanted  a passport in here married name, That as he was a Chinese National and she a Resident Filipina, things may change due to the Uncertainty of The current issues with regard to China,( although I am sue it was not said outright but implied) also  I am sure, that they will not keep it to just Chinese but a Blanket enforcement thought out, I hope not but............:tiphat:  Things are certainly going to change I feel:whatever:

• Hmm thinking 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, roddavis said:

When our Balikbayan visa came due( 1 year in PI) just grabbed a flight to Hong Kong in the morning, had lunch and returned sameday to get another Balikbayan visa good for 1 year!

Yes that has worked until now, come the revolution and they start applying the rules.......

• Hmm thinking 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gary D said:

Yes that has worked until now, come the revolution and they start applying the rules......

No revolution, their just starting to apply rules and regulations that have been in place since early 40's, another thing, their doing it legally. The PI's will never be the same, without graft or corruption. :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1