SMART Data Service On Phone

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Like right now, Facebook will come up on the phone, but when I click an external link in FB, it takes forever or times out.

Facebook has been playing up on my home connection so that might not be a Smart issue ? 

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

Facebook has been having issues (crashing, then 'Reload' screen) for ages on Chrome. I just press reload...can't be arsed fiddling around any further than that. This is on 25 meg Fibre.

How many employees do Facebook have.... 100,000 ?  Whatever, I'm convinced that at least half of them are keeping their jobs by thinking up new ways to aggravate/piss off their users.  Leave the damn thing alone ffsake !  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

The FB Purity add-on makes it somewhat bearable on laptop/desktop.  

Anyway, dual SIM phones only for me and the Mrs. At least you get a choice of useless service providers then. 

Edited by graham59
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Facebook has been playing up on my home connection so that might not be a Smart issue ? 

Facebook works fine both at home and out with the phone on SMART.  It was other websites that would not come up.  Strange, but I think the source problem is fixed.  Details in another thread.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, robert k said:

If you go into settings, it's probably going to be under More... Look for network settings. I can't lay it out exactly because I'm probably not using the same phone, mine is android Oreo with Xiaomi's proprietary skin on it. If you are using say a Samsung, it will have Samsung's skin on it, it will have all the same functions, unless they have turned some of them off but they might not be in exactly the same place in settings. You can set your phone to search for connections and choose the one you want manually. Turning the sim off and back on should disconnect you from the portal and the phone should automatically look for the best signal. In settings you should be able to set the Phone to LTE only, prefer LTE or if you knew you were someplace with no LTE then 3G. Power cycling the Phone won't necessarily make it look for a portal as mine have always gone back to exactly the same portal they were connected to before, even one I manually changed it to that wasn't working.

I seemed to have chanced upon a solution or maybe SMART fixed the issue.

I have a Samsung S7.  Earlier, when I went into Connections / Mobile Networks / Network Mode, it only had a drop down selection of 3G/2G (auto connect), 3G only and 2G only.

I'm not sure if it was before or after I rebooted, but after you posted the above, I was messing around in there again, and LTE/3G/2G (auto select) was a choice.  After selecting it, the internet seems to be working as expected.  (LTE Only is not an option).

Maybe it is possible that SMART LTE was out in the area until today?

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I seemed to have chanced upon a solution or maybe SMART fixed the issue.

I have a Samsung S7.  Earlier, when I went into Connections / Mobile Networks / Network Mode, it only had a drop down selection of 3G/2G (auto connect), 3G only and 2G only.

I'm not sure if it was before or after I rebooted, but after you posted the above, I was messing around in there again, and LTE/3G/2G (auto select) was a choice.  After selecting it, the internet seems to be working as expected.  (LTE Only is not an option).

Maybe it is possible that SMART LTE was out in the area until today?

It might have been. If it's working now, Congratulations!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, robert k said:

It might have been. If it's working now, Congratulations!

Still working good today and still shows the LTE, so perhaps it was the SMART LTE that was the problem.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Still working good today and still shows the LTE, so perhaps it was the SMART LTE that was the problem.

Good to hear! Mine is working better today also, but it did hiccup a while ago - no signal for a few minutes. Signal strength is quite low still, but it's mainly working.

hk blues
Posted
Posted

On another thread,  Jack asked about problems today with Globe - I had a a few interruptions this morning so maybe connected?   

• Hmm thinking 1