Online shopping in the Philippines

graham59
Posted
Posted

Lazada works for me...even here in the middle of nowhere.   C.O.D. too.   :thumbsup:

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted (edited)

Coincidentally, I received 3 items today from Lazada.  1st item - 10 pieces, 1 broken.  2nd item - pic shows 10 pieces, description says 10 different colours - 1 delivered and they say the pic is only to show the available colours.  So, 300+ pesos for a tin plant pot worth about 50php at most - a con.  3rd item - not yet opened as it's my son's. So, 2 out of 3 items not good, 1 not yet known!  To be fair, I have ordered numerous times from Lazada with no issue but not this time.  And, the delivery charges are often almost as much as the product at times.  Buyer beware!   

Update - Son's toy working but it's only been 3 hours so who knows!

Edited by hk blues
  • Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I tried Amazon, both packages returned top sender at customs. I gave up.

I used Lazada a lot but a while back they let the sellers jack up their shipping fees, so I switched to Shopee.  If you can order stuff on Shopee from Manila it is much faster than from 'overseas' (probably means China?). 

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I tried Amazon, both packages returned top sender at customs. I gave up.

I used Lazada a lot but a while back they let the sellers jack up their shipping fees, so I switched to Shopee.  If you can order stuff on Shopee from Manila it is much faster than from 'overseas' (probably means China?). 

My experience was very different with Amazon.  I have ordered many things over the years and never had anything that was returned for any reason.  The only minor issue was three years ago when I ordered a laptop.  It was held at customs until I completed a form that said it was for my own use and not for resell.   With Lazada I always use COD because I don't want to try and recover money if the shipment does not arrive for some reason.

image021.png?w=560

Edited by Mike J
  • Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mike J said:

My experience was very different with Amazon.  I have ordered many things over the years and never had anything that was returned for any reason.  The only minor issue was three years ago when I ordered a laptop.  It was held at customs until I completed a form that said it was for my own use and not for resell.   With Lazada I always use COD because I don't want to try and recover money if the shipment does not arrive for some reason.

image021.png?w=560

I use COD for the same reason but it's not always available.  One time, when it wasn't I had to return the item - the process was very simple and I received a refund to my bank account promptly.  

• Like 1