Seriously considering moving to the Philippines - Need More Info

Gary D
Posted
Posted

The London site is up and running again. Here is tbe pertinent paragraph .

"The non-quota immigrant visa is initially a single entry visa, valid for one (1) year, which should be renewed in the Philippines for three (3) consecutive years. On the fourth year, the applicant may apply for permanent residence in the Philippines."

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

That's harsh dude!!:biggrin:

Harsh but true. :tiphat:

robert k
Posted
Posted
On 8/23/2019 at 3:42 AM, Arizona Kid said:

I moved here in 2002 at age 50 on my military pension. Got tired of the rat race at the pest control place I worked at and made the move. Started collecting my SSN benefits when I turned 62. You won't live like a king like some of the websites say but it's comfortable. Your lifestyle will adjust to the amount of money that you have available. I still live in the same place that I did before I got the extra SSN money and it just made life a little more fun. I'll be 67 this coming Dec. I'm really happy that I made the move. You will find ways to entertain yourself.:56da64af91f92_23_11_602:

When I was in the Army, we called the service a lot of different things but I don't recall anyone calling the job pest control, catchy though.:thumbsup:

• Haha 4

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, robert k said:

When I was in the Army, we called the service a lot of different things but I don't recall anyone calling the job pest control, catchy though.:thumbsup:

Should have said that was my job after I retired from USN.:biggrin:

• Like 1

"P2"
Posted
Posted

So what would you guys say is the average rent on a 3 bedroom 2 bath house that is over 1700 sq. ft. and near the water and with enough yard to have fruit trees...? Or is that asking too much?

• Hmm thinking 1

"P2"
Posted
Posted

....what I meant by that last post is.... is what I’m looking for a little unrealistic....

robert k
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, "P2" said:

So what would you guys say is the average rent on a 3 bedroom 2 bath house that is over 1700 sq. ft. and near the water and with enough yard to have fruit trees...? Or is that asking too much?

As high as in Hawaii.

"P2"
Posted
Posted

I’m not sure I understand your comment.... can you explain?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, "P2" said:

is what I’m looking for a little unrealistic....

In a word,,,,,,,,,yes.

But, keep buying Lotto tickets. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, "P2" said:

Or is that asking too much?

The reason it is asking too much is that no one builds that kind of place to rent out.  If a rich Filipino built it then his family would be living in it or it would be left to rot rather than renting it or selling it. (strange but true in cases I have seen)

The best option for finding some place like that is if a Fil/Am couple built their dream home, found out they could not sell it for what they have invested in it, and rent it out of desparation.  Those deals come along and the price depends on location.  In a very desirable location you could pay  . . well the sky is the limit as there are few options.  In a less than desirable location you may get a great deal on something like that, but that is hard to find.

So Yes, it is asking too much but it is possible, barely.

• Like 1