Seriously considering moving to the Philippines - Need More Info

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Clermont said:

Good, how do I contact you, the little envelope for PM is missing, I don't know whether it's not allowed anymore or I can't find it. :thumbsup: 

Yes, the PM option seems to be gone.... 

You can message me on Facebook, Tito Tim Travels.  

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

Yes, the PM option seems to be gone.... 

Still there for me Tim, click on the persons name and it should be there...at least it was when I clicked urs

• 3 weeks later...
Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted

There are different strategies for for how to make the transition.  I will share with you the approach that worked for me, even though it was more out of necessity.  

I was almost flat broke due to a prior divorce settlement and business situation.  No 401K, no more assets to sell, had already been living in China for work when I moved here.  The reality was, we were going to have to make it work on just $2k per month, which had to include startup costs for an apartment and business.  No car, no furniture, nothing.  It was pretty bleak at first.  

But in doing so, we learned how to live small.  I can actually see how others can manage on a few hundred per month.  I knew if we had to, we could always go live with the extended family in the barangay for a while.  It was pretty funny how everyone considered us rich when we bought a $1200 car.  

By starting small, you'll be able to save a lot faster.  By renting first, you'll be able to see if you really like the area where you are.  We decided to make a change, for example, to a more suitable area when it is time to build.  We took no loans, and don't buy anything on credit.  

• Like 2