Would you do it all again?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack D said:

I could have given a much longer list that included the sum total of everything that you've mentioned, but you're right, since it did drive me to drink, but in the end I just decided to leave and go home.

So what's your purpose of joining a Philippines Expat forum when you no longer are an expat and hate the place? 

Anyway where did you live while in the Philippines?  I see you say born in the USA and location USA but are posting from  Switzerland so why are you there? 

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack D
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

So what's your purpose of joining a Philippines Expat forum when you no longer are an expat and hate the place? 

Anyway where did you live while in the Philippines?  I see you say born in the USA and location USA but are posting from  Switzerland so why are you there? 

I don't hate the place and I give a lot of credit to those who can adjust to living there. I'm still interested in sharing my opinions and experiences of the Philippines since I still have friends in the Philippines and my wife's family still lives there. I lived in Bicol, outside of Sorsogon.

Right now, I'm on a European vacation with my wife, since she's never seen Europe before.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

However you don't even mention the ants, termites, geckos, barking dogs, or pigs and chickens in the front yards of subdivisions. 

What you say is very, very true Dave,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but it sure beats working :hystery::nudie:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Most expats have their pet hates about the Phils. Mine is that over loud techno music or whatever you wish to call it... I call it overloud mucho crapo. 

Honesty, it makes  my blood boil, Oh and barking dogs that are close by and won't shut up. The rest I can tolerate, I think! 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Most expats have their pet hates about the Phils. Mine is that over loud techno music or whatever you wish to call it... I call it overloud mucho crapo. 

Honesty, it makes  my blood boil, Oh and barking dogs that are close by and won't shut up. The rest I can tolerate, I think! 

Buck up, Jim... soon it will be time for Christmas music to blare out everywhere for the next four months!

Two days ago I was paying some bills at a mall and, as I walked past an entrance, there were a couple of speakers, a dj sort of guy and a big crowd. The volume was so loud (and hurting my ears from 20 meters away) that it was very distorted. Even if it were music I might like, it was way way too loud. And people were just crowded right up to the speakers and bobbing along and enjoying it... not me...

• Like 1

"P2"
Posted
Posted

I wonder if I could have set this up as a poll....?

hk blues
Posted
Posted

There are numerous, maybe countless, minor things here which annoy me and yes, when accumulated, they can become a major source of dissatisfaction but that's only if you sit down and list them - what's the point in doing so as they never all happen at once anyway?  For me, the big stuff (family/money) are enough to swing the balance in the Philippine's favour.  

That said, it's all very much an individual thing as we all have different bugbears and also very much dependant on location - many of the things mentioned in the poster's list do not apply to where I live but no doubt there are a few different ones I could swap.   

• Like 4

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Buck up, Jim... soon it will be time for Christmas music to blare out everywhere for the next four months!

Two days ago I was paying some bills at a mall and, as I walked past an entrance, there were a couple of speakers, a dj sort of guy and a big crowd. The volume was so loud (and hurting my ears from 20 meters away) that it was very distorted. Even if it were music I might like, it was way way too loud. And people were just crowded right up to the speakers and bobbing along and enjoying it... not me...

September next week OMG wife will be getting the Christmas tree up. At least she won't have Karaoke, I'v banned that.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, "P2" said:

I wonder if I could have set this up as a poll....?

Start new topic . . look for tab that says poll . .  create.

But I must warn you polls have little success here.  People mainly come here to write comments as you see in this thread.

• Like 1