How weird and scary was that???

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sounds like it was a bat out of hell?

Good that you weren't injured or crashed!

Hmmm... maybe another reason to drive a car instead of a bike?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted

You are right about them carrying rabies, anyone going overseas without their rabies shots are just tempting fate. :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Mike J said:

Yesterday was like something out a grade B horror movie.  I was riding my scooter over to the in laws house not too far away.  This is about 10:00 AM, hardly any traffic, clear roads, nice sunny day.  A good day for a ride.  I am not going fast, maybe 35-40 km and I pass under some large trees that overhang the road.  Suddenly a dark object falls from the tree and lands on my right shoulder and STAY THERE!  It is an (expletive deleted) bat!  Holy (expletive deleted), those things carry rabies!  I try to swat the thing off and the little (expletive deleted) has got his claws hooked into my shirt.  Finally get him loose and manage to get stopped without crashing.  Makes me wonder if he would have bitten my ear or neck had I not been wearing a helmet?  

Kind of funny now when I think of it now, but scary as hell at time.  Took about 10 minutes for the adrenaline rush to pass.  If someone had caught it on a cell phone, I could have been a star on Top Ten Funny Videos.  In case anyone is wondering, my pants did stay clean and dry, but it was a close call.  :mocking:

For those with tender ears, I have replaced some the thoughts with the words "expletive deleted" that went through my brain as this was happening. :whistling:

It didn't scratch you did it?:fingerscrossed_80_anim_gif:

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, robert k said:

It didn't scratch you did it?:fingerscrossed_80_anim_gif:

Fortunately no bite and no scratch. 

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Clermont said:

You are right about them carrying rabies, anyone going overseas without their rabies shots are just tempting fate. :thumbsup:

I did not realise there were preventive shots.  I just assumed you got them if exposed via bite or scratch.. 

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Mike J said:

Yesterday was like something out a grade B horror movie.  I was riding my scooter over to the in laws house not too far away.  This is about 10:00 AM, hardly any traffic, clear roads, nice sunny day.  A good day for a ride.  I am not going fast, maybe 35-40 km and I pass under some large trees that overhang the road.  Suddenly a dark object falls from the tree and lands on my right shoulder and STAY THERE!  It is an (expletive deleted) bat!  Holy (expletive deleted), those things carry rabies!  I try to swat the thing off and the little (expletive deleted) has got his claws hooked into my shirt.  Finally get him loose and manage to get stopped without crashing.  Makes me wonder if he would have bitten my ear or neck had I not been wearing a helmet?  

Kind of funny now when I think of it now, but scary as hell at time.  Took about 10 minutes for the adrenaline rush to pass.  If someone had caught it on a cell phone, I could have been a star on Top Ten Funny Videos.  In case anyone is wondering, my pants did stay clean and dry, but it was a close call.  :mocking:

For those with tender ears, I have replaced some the thoughts with the words "expletive deleted" that went through my brain as this was happening. :whistling:

I've had a mango fall from a tree before and almost hit me but never a bat. Good for your housekeeper that she didn't have to clean your pants!:laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

It’s funny I can hear every word that had been expletive deleted that you was either saying or thinking.

• Haha 5

Gary D
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mike J said:

I did not realise there were preventive shots.  I just assumed you got them if exposed via bite or scratch.. 

Yes available and less expensive than after the event, save the cost of the funeral.

• Like 3

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

A large ripe mango would hurt and possibly cause injury, but a coconut falling would be worse. Anyone know how many people are killed each year by falling coconuts?

• Like 1