How weird and scary was that???

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Falling Jackfruit anyone? Darn things are big as a watermelon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Joey G
Posted
Posted

There is rabies vaccine... usually for people who are high risk to getting it... it's 3 a dose procedure... over 28 days... not sure if available in PI.

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Personally, I went to a PI doc in Australia and asked what vaccines I needed, there is a lot on the WHO vaccine list you don't need. They aren't cheap, but then again, dying's not cheap either. :thumbsup:

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Joey G said:

There is rabies vaccine... usually for people who are high risk to getting it... it's 3 a dose procedure... over 28 days... not sure if available in PI.

I got the 3 dose I’ve in Australia, it’s important to know that you still need to seek treatment if infected.  It reduces the treatment regimen but it doesn’t eliminate it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

It costs about £120 here in the UK. Our local clinic in the Philippines can give them and far cheaper so will be one of the first things I do when we arrive in 4 weeks. Japanese encephalitis is also widespread so another good one to get.

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

I've had a mango fall from a tree before and almost hit me but never a bat.

Just be careful Kid when walking under a jackfruit tree.....:mocking: Sorry I see it's already been mentioned

Edited by Kuya John
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Just be careful Kid when walking under a jackfruit tree.....:mocking: Sorry I see it's already been mentioned

And I found out the hard way that it is not wise to park your vehicle under a fruit bearing mango tree!:laugh:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

And I found out the hard way that it is not wise to park your vehicle under a fruit bearing mango tree!:laugh:

It hurts worse when you’re riding a motorbike *ouch*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

We have a jackfruit tree and my wife asked me to cut down a big one before it fell.  It was up far enough that I used our aluminum folding ladder and leaned it up against the trunk.  Up the ladder I go, grad the big stem with my left hand, chop using the bolo in my right hand.  I did not realize just how heavy that fruit was, it almost pulled me right off the ladder.   This was two years ago.  I look at the picture now and I wonder what kind of dumb @ss would try to stop that thing from falling?  :whistling:

I am beginning to think the Philippines might be dangerous to my health. :hystery:

Jack Fruit.jpg

• Like 5