A holiday

stevewool
Posted
Posted

We are over in the Philippines from late November to early March and we have plans to get the house sorted plus catch up with friends and to visit new places .

So I have been looking at Coron  and that area , the pictures that you see from that place are amazing but like anything until you bare there it could not be what you are thinking it is, so has anyone been there or anywhere in that area , plus are these places easy to get to from Manila and by what means boat or plane.

Do you know of other places that you know are wow places , I love Bohol, done Boracay and I did like Tabaco area.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, stevewool said:

Do you know of other places that you know are wow places , I love Bohol, done Boracay and I did like Tabaco area.

If it doesn't bother you to be around lots of tourists, you might try Palawan.  You will fly into Puerto Princesa which is on the northern end of the island.  We hired a car and driver to take us down south to El Nido.  Along the way stop at the "Underground River" and do the tour there.  Lots of people, but efficient and well run with helpful staff.  Let you driver buy the tickets for the tour, he will know who to tip and you will not have to wait in what could be a long line.  After the underground river tour head on down to El NIdo.  Spend the night and go island hopping the following day.  We splurged and hired a banka just for ourselves.  This allowed us to stay ahead of the crowds and visit a couple of more isolated areas.  Well worth the extra cost in my opinion.

If you want to try Cebu island, Moalboal is becoming popular for island hopping, snorkel, and scuba.  If you are adventurous and in reasonably good shape, they can arrange "canyoneering"  tours which will takes you just a little south of Moalboal to Badian.  Zip lines, kayaks, etc, and a  visit to Kawasan falls.  Then head south and go swimming with the whale sharks at Oslob.  

Probably want to stay away from Dumaguete, they have a bunch of strange expats that live there. :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Probably want to stay away from Dumaguete, they have a bunch of strange expats that live there. :hystery:

Said the man who rides his motorbike with a bat on his shoulder.@ Mike J

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Said the man who rides his motorbike with a bat on his shoulder.@ Mike J

An excellent one good sir.  You caught me with a mouthful of morning toast and coffee and I started laughing.   Another close call for me. :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Camiguin is nice, there is a beautiful (and really cold) waterfall pool you can swim in that runs off the mountain.

And there are clean white sand beach mini islands you can take a boat trip out to and swim.

• Like 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
On 8/27/2019 at 12:31 AM, stevewool said:

We are over in the Philippines from late November to early March and we have plans to get the house sorted plus catch up with friends and to visit new places .

So I have been looking at Coron  and that area , the pictures that you see from that place are amazing but like anything until you bare there it could not be what you are thinking it is, so has anyone been there or anywhere in that area , plus are these places easy to get to from Manila and by what means boat or plane.

I would pass on Coron for now.  It's a nice place but the tourist beaches and areas are a long way apart.  El Nido would be my preffered choice.  Probably why I've been there 8 times and Coron just the once.

Gary D
Posted
Posted
On 8/26/2019 at 11:26 PM, Mike J said:

Now you tell me, arriving 11th January for 7 days :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Haha 1