Fans

Viking
Posted
Posted

What kind of fans do you prefer?

Ceiling, wall or floor stand fans? We just have floor stand fans right now, but I find them to be in the way all the time. I have been thinking of ceilingfans, but want to know what you guys think of that before I buy any. We have aircon too, but looking also in fans to keep down the bills.

Do you have any experience of DC fans? Are they worth the extra cost compared to regular AC fans?

Any brand you recommend or strongly  advice not buying?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Viking said:

thinking of ceilingfans, but want to know what you guys think of that before I buy any.

I prefere ceiling fans as the Air is spread less forcefully

9 minutes ago, Viking said:

Do you have any experience of DC fans? Are they worth the extra cost compared to regular AC fans?

To be Honest Viking they ( DC fans) are fine for Brownouts but you should Remember they have to be recharged ( if that is the type you are on about) and I for one am not sure if that would be cost effective, such is my Opinion only 

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a small bit
  • Hmm thinking 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

To be Honest Viking they are fine for Brownouts but you should Remember they have to be recharged and I for one am not sure if that would be cost effective, such is my Opinion only 

Thanks for your input Jack!

Maybe I misunderstood something since my electrical knowledge is very limited, hahaha. Is not a DC fan just using another kind of motor, running on DC current instead of AC current and because of that can be made more efficient?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have one of the Asahi wall fans aimed at my chair.  I have the remote beside me and it is plugged into my Uninterupted Power Supply so it never goes out.  Costs a bit, but I tried many others before choosing this one.  Some were good,  some were bad, but none were as good as this one, IMHO

Here is the link to it on Lazada

EDIT:  I am not recommending the one on Lazada.  I got mine through SM.  I provide the link so you can see what it looks like

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Viking said:

Maybe I misunderstood something since my electrical knowledge is very limited, hahaha. Is not a DC fan just using another kind of motor, running on DC current instead of AC current and because of that can be made more efficient?

Well a Rechargeable fan would run on an internal battery which would be DC so then it would be recharged using AC through an adaptor so in effect you would be using Both, I tend to think maybe I am wrong but.................:smile:

Viking
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I have one of the Asahi wall fans aimed at my chair.  I have the remote beside me and it is plugged into my Uninterupted Power Supply so it never goes out.  Costs a bit, but I tried many others before choosing this one.  Some were good,  some were bad, but none were as good as this one, IMHO

Here is the link to it on Lazada

EDIT:  I am not recommending the one on Lazada.  I got mine through SM.  I provide the link so you can see what it looks like

In what way do you prefer the wall fan compared to a ceiling fan?

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Viking said:

I have been thinking of ceilingfans

I have a ceiling fan here and love it! It moves a lot of air.

I had a Casablanca fan back in USA but not sure if they are available here. Hunter is also a great brand and I have seen them listed in stores here.They both used to be American but don't know now if they went Chinese. Remember that you get what you pay for.

They last almost forever, don't make a lot of noise or use a lot of power and cover a large area. As Jack stated, they move air more gently than a standard floor or table fan. If you get one, see about getting extra blades because the heat and humidity can make them sag over time - mainly the wooden ones. We will have one in each bedroom and one in the living room.

I also have a Firefly floor fan that has a battery and light built in. It's great during power outages, throws lots of air and is quiet. It is rechargeable and runs for about 8 hours at medium speed. It has a remote too. Otherwise, it runs right off A/C. Ace carries them.

image.jpeg

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Well a Rechargeable fan would run on an internal battery which would be DC so then it would be recharged using AC through an adaptor so in effect you would be using Both, I tend to think maybe I am wrong but.................:smile:

The DC fans I been looking on was Hayes ceilingfans, I dont understand it as if they are rechargeble. They consume 30 watts on full speed and 5 watts on low speed. I guess the ac is converted  to dc inside the fan in some way I cant explain, hahaha.  Very expensive at 13k pesos, but if they are good and last a long time, maybe it can be worth it?

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Viking said:

Very expensive at 13k pesos, but if they are good and last a long time, maybe it can be worth it?

Also check the warranty and where do you take it if it needs repair/replacement? Try Googling Hayes Ceiling Fan Review and you might get information from actual users?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Viking said:

I dont understand it as if they are rechargeble.

Well if they are not I guess you will be buying batteries and from other Topics in that regard it may be a minefield for you

• Like 1