Fans

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Viking said:

In what way do you prefer the wall fan compared to a ceiling fan?

When I had a ceiling fan, no matter which way I ran it (sucking upward or blowing down) the hot air at the ceiling was circulated.  I like it that my wall fan is high enough to be out of the way of the refrigerator door (convenient) and low enough that is not circulating the hot air at the ceiling.  It is situated about 2 to 3 meters from the air conditioner.  So when the air conditioner is on then the fan helps circulate that cool air into my direction.  When the air conditioner is not on, its just a fan.  I love the remote because i am lazy.  I can have the fan blowing right at me or off to the side or oscillating and have it hurricane speed or gentle breeze.

Every fan I have owned has some of these features.  This one has it all.  And the Asahi brand name is a reliable one.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

This one has it all.  And the Asahi brand name is a reliable one.

Do you remember what you paid for that fan, Dave?

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

I prefere ceiling fans as the Air is spread less forcefully

To be Honest Viking they ( DC fans) are fine for Brownouts but you should Remember they have to be recharged ( if that is the type you are on about) and I for one am not sure if that would be cost effective, such is my Opinion only 

I'm opposite of Jack. I like the strong wind feeling especially when I want to sleep. I bought 2 Westinghouse 150 watt electric fans from Lazada. Strong enough so that I don't need aircon at night and the white noise they make drowns out most of the other distractions, like dogs barking, karaoke, and people murdering each other!:biggrin: 5k each but worth it.:wave: 

Westinghouse_20_inches_Industrial_Electric_Fan_Stand_Fan_(Black_Silver)_WH-72715_Lazada_PH_-_2019-08-27_16.39.23.png

Edited by Arizona Kid
more info
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Well if they are not I guess you will be buying batteries and from other Topics in that regard it may be a minefield for you

This info i copied from another site.

With DC fans, the direct (AC) power source, connects to a transformer which converts the power to DC. The effect is that it decreases the amount of power used by only using a direct current instead of the alternating current. To then create the force needed to rotate the motor’s rotor, the DC motor uses a system of magnets of opposing polarity.
Please note that current models of ceiling fans with DC motors cannot be connected directly to a DC power source (like solar panels or batteries) and whilst that may change in the future, manufacturers do not seem to currently have plans to provide this facility.

It looks like they use less power BUT, an AC fan is also using very little power so it is probably not worth the extra cost.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Do you remember what you paid for that fan, Dave?

About 3000 pesos.  I had purchased a fan at City Mall prior to that for 1000.  It lasted a month.  I decided to shell out the 3000 for a good quality model

• Thanks 1

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted (edited)

I don't know why, but I'm fascinated with this double sided fan from Asahi.  If any of you have one, is it worth the price (3,550p) or just a waste of money. 

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/asahi-tw6020-16-12-twingo-double-sided-standing-industrial-fan-i100018683-s100025100.html?

Edited by Happyhorn52

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

About 3000 pesos.  I had purchased a fan at City Mall prior to that for 1000.  It lasted a month.  I decided to shell out the 3000 for a good quality model

That doesn't sound like too much considering the features and that it will probably last a long time. My decision was between an Asahi and the Firefly - basically flipped a coin and chose the Firefly - over a year later, so far so good!

I tend to use the ceiling fan during the day and kick on the floor fan when it gets too hot. Then air con at bed time. But I will use air con during the day if it gets stifling. I seem to adjust okay...

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, LUFCinMakati said:

Any fan that blows the wife's clothes off!

Even a Man Ure fan?

• Sad 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Have both in my sala lounge, if it's not excessively hot the ceiling fan is fine on 2, max is 3.

When hot definitely need the floor fan, cools much better IMHO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1