Fans

jimeve
Posted
Posted

I wait till i'm literally sweating then go sit under a ceiling fan on top speed, bliss.

• Like 1

LUFCinMakati
Posted
Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, hk blues said:

Even a Man Ure fan?

Nothing red in our house, when they were sponsored by Sharp we had no Sharp appliances at home or in the business. 

Better dead than red..................

Edit to say the Daily telegraph said one of the best sports books ever written was "Paint it White" by a Leeds fan Gary Edwards. Gary is a self employed painter and decorator, a chosen profession so he can follow Leeds home and away, I think in something like 35 years he missed one game as the flight was cancelled. In his book, which I have lent to some scum fans, who love is, he will only refer to mu in lower case letters. Further he won't paint anything red and if you want something painted another colour when it's red, then you get it half price!

2 classics from the book are when he had a job in Lancashire and used to set off around 6am and once they got to the border they sprayed the red rose white and bet on how long it would take to spray it back red. 

The other classic was he is a royalist and has a picture in his hallway of the Queen, when alex fergiesum got the obe he scouled her and when he was knighted he put her picture in the cuboard for 3 months. 

Edited by LUFCinMakati
  • Haha 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, RBM said:

Have both in my sala lounge, if it's not excessively hot the ceiling fan is fine on 2, max is 3.

When hot definitely need the floor fan, cools much better IMHO.

Me too. We have both. It saves using the aircon. The best ceiling fans we had were Westinghouse 'contractors choice' 5 blade 54" blades. Unfortunately they don't make them anymore but Hunter make something pretty much identical. We have three of those. They are silent and shift a lot of air on the highest setting. Very rarely have to use aircon.

Ken

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, LUFCinMakati said:

classics from the book are when he had a job in Lancashire and used to set off around 6am and once they got to the border they sprayed the red rose white and bet on how long it would take to spray it back red. 

I use to do the same coming back from yorkie, paint the white rose red lol. Not a manure fan. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
On 8/28/2019 at 11:03 AM, jimeve said:

I wait till i'm literally sweating then go sit under a ceiling fan on top speed, bliss.

Ah so is this you then my friend;

ceiling Fan comic.jpg :whistling:

• Haha 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Ah so is this you then my friend;

ceiling Fan comic.jpg :whistling:

Ours wobble when on top speed, hope they made sure they're safe when installed!

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Aye, they do that so it does not Pull too much on the ceiling, they are designed that way like suspension on a car to take the Roughness out of things :wink:

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Yes same situation, even the ones I sent here from NZ, I never use them top speed although suspect so eine else does when I not around. The local ones are to fast on low.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 8/28/2019 at 10:47 AM, RBM said:

When hot definitely need the floor fan, cools much better IMHO.

Are you sure you have the switch in correct position on the motor? 

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 8/27/2019 at 8:37 PM, LUFCinMakati said:

Any fan that blows the wife's clothes off!

In your dreams!:biggrin: