Fans

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, jimeve said:

What kind of work do you do in Philippines?

It was only working on my yacht.

I was spending a lot of time working on exterior teak brightwork refinishing, refrigeration repairs, electrical upgrades, mechanical maintenance. There was always a list of projects.

A yacht is similar to a woman and likes you to spend money on her, lavish her with praise and and take care of her; then, she may...just may, take care of you.:smile:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

A yacht is similar to a woman and likes you to spend money on her, lavish her with praise and and take care of her; then, she may...just may, take care of you.:smile:

:whistling: So what happened that you got Divorced from her and are now a landlubber like the rest of us:shades:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:whistling: So what happened that you got Divorced from her and are now a landlubber like the rest of us:shades:

It was an amicable parting of the ways. Twenty five years was a long time to live on a yacht. It was time to go our separate ways. I guess I got tired of keeping up with her demands and so, online, she met a new man whom she could get along with... with my blessing, I might add.:smile: The yacht did always take care of me.

So, yeah.... I am dirt based, like the rest here - and enjoying it too, with someone extra special too.... Now the work has already started here taking care of her, but this is different rewarding in different ways. And she is taking care of me too...

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

Now the work has already started here taking care of her, but this is different rewarding in different ways. And she is taking care of me too...

:whatever: c'est la vie my friend c'est la vie :wink:

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jimeve said:

I'm not a fan of air con (pun intended), so we have ceiling fans in all the rooms. As I said before most wobble but have been told by members that is normal. Bedroom fans are on all night but still scared to have them on at full speed

Actually Jim. we got by for 2-3 years with just the fans and it was fine but my son seems to feel the heat more than we do so we put a unit in the bedroom because the ceiling seemed too low for a ceiling fan - I was worried my kid would jump on the bed and hit the blades!  Of course, this led to a 2nd in the living room a bit later - and a 3rd in my son's bedroom recently.  Like you, we keep the ceiling fans in 2nd gear for the same reason. 

• Like 2