Philippine airlines question - Various

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

Does Philippine airlines charge for seat selection on their flights, if so how much?

Yes, for most seats, they charge.  It varies by flight and seat.

If you go to online booking, after you put in your destination, dates, etc., the next screen will show a list of flights.  Next to each flight you will see "Seats".  Click on this and it will display the seatmap.  Hover over a seat and it will display the charge to get it.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes, for most seats, they charge.  It varies by flight and seat.

OMW... Have you actually been charged extra for seat selection on flights? Not disputing you, just interested.

I have been charged extra when I have paid extra for the economy upgrade seats but don't recall being charged for basic economy seats...

From your description, it sounds like perhaps they have changed the website for bookings since last time I made some over one year ago...?

Edited by Tommy T.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

OMW... Have you actually been charged extra for seat selection on flights? Not disputing you, just interested.

I have been charged extra when I have paid extra for the economy upgrade seats but don't recall being charged for basic economy seats...

Yes, they charge.  Follow the steps I mentioned to see the charges.  I had to pay for some, but not all, of my seats to Auckland.  I ranted about this in another post.  Every aisle seat is "premium" and has a charge.  Window seat, no charge.  Up front, all seats have charges.  Exit rows, charges.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes, they charge.  Follow the steps I mentioned to see the charges.  I had to pay for some, but not all, of my seats to Auckland.  I ranted about this in another post.  Every aisle seat is "premium" and has a charge.  Window seat, no charge.  Up front, all seats have charges.  Exit rows, charges.

Really? I believe you, thanks! I will check this out because I am planning on possibly making a trip next year.

Last year they only charged me for the "premium" seats that offered more legroom - exit row or towards the front where they have bigger space allowance. All other seats were no extra charge. This is not a good development.

However, I almost always pay for "premium" or whatever seats so I can have decent leg room. I really don't like sitting with my knees around my ears or with my arms pinned to my sides...

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I almost always pay for "premium" or whatever seats so I can have decent leg room. I really don't like sitting with my knees around my ears or with my arms pinned to my sides...

I used to always get an exit row but now that I have kids, I have to stick with them, and kids are not allowed in exit rows.

Air Asia to/from Cebu was the smallest seat I have ever been in.  My wife told me next time get the exit row by myself.

When I got home, I looked into PAL Premium Economy for our Auckland trip.  What a joke!  I paid about $700 roundtrip for our economy seats, X 5.  Premium economy costs about $2000 per head!  It would cost 10 grand for me to take the family like that.

• Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Onemore52 said:

The thing is I did get a prescription last time I was in Australia for some medicinal things which us old men need to make things more pleasurable but SWMBO knows I have them, so will no doubt look for them when I leave to make sure I am not taking them with me.

Too much information! :smile:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, OnMyWay said:

I used to always get an exit row but now that I have kids, I have to stick with them, and kids are not allowed in exit rows.

Air Asia to/from Cebu was the smallest seat I have ever been in.  My wife told me next time get the exit row by myself.

When I got home, I looked into PAL Premium Economy for our Auckland trip.  What a joke!  I paid about $700 roundtrip for our economy seats, X 5.  Premium economy costs about $2000 per head!  It would cost 10 grand for me to take the family like that.

Geez!!!! That sounds absolutely ridiculous and outrageous! That seems way too expensive to me...

Sorry, but I am laughing a bit about your AirAsia seat from Cebu... I will never fly that airline - they have a poor reputation for safety and they cater to small-size Asians - no slur intended... I guess I am a spoiled foreigner, but I need a bit of space or else I feel claustrophobic....

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Geez!!!! That sounds absolutely ridiculous and outrageous! That seems way too expensive to me...

Sorry, but I am laughing a bit about your AirAsia seat from Cebu... I will never fly that airline - they have a poor reputation for safety and they cater to small-size Asians - no slur intended... I guess I am a spoiled foreigner, but I need a bit of space or else I feel claustrophobic....

Little bit off topic, Best seats I got was with Cebu pacific. Checked in at Dumaguete to Manila and was surprised I got the seat number A1 thats the first seat on the left emergency door, That happen to me again next time I flew with them. I think the lass fancies me at the check in gate lol

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Little bit off topic, Best seats I got was with Cebu pacific. Checked in at Dumaguete to Manila and was surprised I got the seat number A1 thats the first seat on the left emergency door, That happen to me again next time I flew with them. I think the lass fancies me at the check in gate lol

Ah.. she knew that you had taken some blue pills prior to your flight... hehehe... They know this...

• Haha 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Ah.. she knew that you had taken some blue pills prior to your flight... hehehe... They know this...

And her eyes lit up when she saw how big my luggage pack was :thumbsup:

• Like 1