Shooting Sports/owning firearms

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Lou49 said:

If u want to go to the range and shoot bring the wife along...

I like your line of thinking :thumbsup:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Lou49 said:

If u want to go to the range and shoot bring the wife along

Is it legal to shoot the wife at the range or is it still illegal to shoot the wife as a foreigner?  :whistling:

• Haha 4
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, "P2" said:

Hey Guys

Do any of you engage in shooting sports? You know, Clays, skeet, Trap, Rifle and Pistol shooting? I do here where I live in the US and enjoy it quite a bit. I also own firearms as well. Should I decide to move to the Philippines, will I be able to bring my firearms with me? Are there shootings ranges/gun clubs there? What are the rules regarding firearms and ammunition. Educate me on what it takes to own firearms there. I would hate to give up something that I enjoy doing here in the US should I move to the Philippines. Thanks again for all of your help!

Don't even try bringing firearms with you or ship the parts in Balikbayon boxes. If you get caught you will be blacklisted.:shake_80_anim_gif:

• Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

The biggest problem is that the word on the street is that Americans (ergo all foreigners as all foreigners are Americans) have guns so when house invading the local as a precaution go armed.

• Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Gary D said:

The biggest problem is that the word on the street is that Americans (ergo all foreigners as all foreigners are Americans) have guns so when house invading the local as a precaution go armed.

I don't own a Colt 45  with 9 rounds in the mag but my GF  owns one. I taught her how to field strip it. :biggrin:

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Visited the gun store near the older bridge between Tagbilaran and Dauis (in Bohol Province) last February. Asked specifically about the income tax return requirement for buying firearms. They scoffed at that, saying the only requirements are (1) being a citizen and (2) getting a clearance from the local police chief. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

The ONLY weapons they actually had for sale were pistols of a single brand manufactured in the Philippines.

graham59
Posted
Posted

...And of course, being a citizen means being a FILIPINO, except in very exceptional circumstances. 

Us poriners, whatever our visas, are NOT citizens. 

"P2"
Posted
Posted

So I would also assume that for foreigners (expats) hunting is also illegal since we can't possess a firearm? 

• Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, "P2" said:

hunting is also illegal

I am wondering what you would hunt for and where you would hunt for it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1