Shooting Sports/owning firearms

"P2"
Posted
Posted

I don't know exactly... never been there. Wild pig/boar maybe. That's good eating by the way... Duck maybe.... I'm not sure. 

Does that mean no one hunts there?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, "P2" said:

Does that mean no one hunts there?

Locals hunt for snakes, lizards, sparrows and such.  Anything bigger is owned by someone.  Wild game was hunted out long ago AFAIK

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, "P2" said:

So I would also assume that for foreigners (expats) hunting is also illegal since we can't possess a firearm? 

Have even read one word written the past few days? Or do you have another reason to post this question?

"P2"
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Old55 said:

Have even read one word written the past few days? Or do you have another reason to post this question?

I have, I'm just trying to grasp that there is no one in all of the Philippines that doesn't like to hunt or hunts.  No other reason for posting such a question other than to get the answer. No hidden agenda here.... :shake_80_anim_gif:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, "P2" said:

No hidden agenda here

I believe you. But there really is no hunting/shooting culture here as you find in rural America.

I have lived here for 7 years and have been visiting for 25. I have yet to personally meet a Filipino who love to shoot let alone hunt. Having said that, here in Metro Manila you will see quite a few shooting ranges. From outside appearances one might think that guns are popular just by the number of weapons one sees on a daily basis, every mall, bank, major store even a lot of 7-11's have guards posted with M16s, shotguns and pistols. But next time you walk by one take a close look. In a lot of cases you will find rusty breaches and corroded ammo. I have yet to see anyone perform a function check on any weapon.

As to why hunting is not popular here? My personal opinion is that IT JUST TO DAMN HOT! :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:. The most popular form of hunting I have seen is little kids with bird nets hanging about the release point of homing pigeon races. :hystery:  They Catch them then resell them back to homing pigeon enthusiasts :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Erm, if you can find some wildlife that hasn't already been caught and eaten by the locals.... :89:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

I have yet to personally meet a Filipino who love to shoot let alone hunt.

That is surprising.  I know a few here that are gun enthusiasts and that goes right along with the Filipinos I worked with in the U.S.  Most of them owned guns and they would go to the ranges together.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I know a few here

I hear you OMW, perhaps the Yank influenced from he bases contributed in your area. Who knows, or maybe I just associate with a bunch of pansies here lolololol :hystery:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, scott h said:

Who knows, or maybe I just associate with a bunch of pansies here lolololol 

Yes, it is easy to fall into the wrong crowd here!  :hystery:

• Haha 2