Shooting Sports/owning firearms

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Having a few family members in the Police or Military could prove helpful there. But like everything in Philippines, things change from day to day, person to person.

Further you get into the provinces, the more interesting stuff you can come across. My wife is from Northern Cotabato, Mindanao.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, scott h said:

But next time you walk by one take a close look. In a lot of cases you will find rusty breaches and corroded ammo. I have yet to see anyone perform a function check on any weapon.

Also watch the boy soldiers as they sit with their old M16 or whatever with the muzzle resting in the dirt or gravel as they snooze on their bench while guarding you.

When I was a guest at a marina here (the same one where several foreigners were kidnapped back in 2015), they had already put up some shelters to guard the marina and had two shifts of soldiers as guards in the outside corners of the marina. At one of them they had a mounted 50 cal. machine gun ominously pointing out toward the sea. But nobody knows if there is ammunition for it or if it even works? But it looks scary and maybe that is all that is needed? I was happy for their presence, if just for a bit of threat to any more would-be kidnappers...

jimeve
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Also watch the boy soldiers as they sit with their old M16 or whatever with the muzzle resting in the dirt or gravel as they snooze on their bench while guarding you.

Misfire, misfire again, oh sod it i will just clout them with my M16 lol

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Misfire, misfire again, oh sod it i will just clout them with my M16 lol

Their M16s look to be vintage 1968 Vietnam era. I really do hope they work for these kids in case they really need them. But burying the muzzles in the dirt?! Come on, that's basic firearms 101. To be fair, not all do that, but some do.

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Their M16s look to be vintage 1968 Vietnam era. I really do hope they work for these kids in case they really need them. But burying the muzzles in the dirt?! Come on, that's basic firearms 101. To be fair, not all do that, but some do.

I use to rest my rifle on my back pack so the butt was on the ground. But that was in the British army, 

Edited by jimeve
  • Like 1
  • Love it 1

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, "P2" said:

I have, I'm just trying to grasp that there is no one in all of the Philippines that doesn't like to hunt or hunts.  No other reason for posting such a question other than to get the answer. No hidden agenda here.... :shake_80_anim_gif:

There is spearfishing.

Edit: It just occurs to me that there are crocodiles, you could grab a spear and hunt them I suppose.

Edited by robert k

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, "P2" said:

I don't know exactly... never been there

If you mean you have never been to the Philippines before it would be best to visit for a while before anything else.

Also please quote what you are answering in posts to make it easier to follow the thread. 

• Like 2

"P2"
Posted
Posted

On 8/31/2019 at 6:07 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

If you mean you have never been to the Philippines before it would be best to visit for a while before anything else.

Also please quote what you are answering in posts to make it easier to follow the thread. 

:thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
On 8/29/2019 at 9:46 PM, "P2" said:

Wow.... I had no idea....  

Moving to the Philippines does mean giving up some of those freedoms (rights and protections for that matter) we enjoy.... :sad:

When I contemplated moving here, gun laws were one of the first things I looked at also.  Fortunately for those of us married to a Pinay, she can own the gun :)  

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Marvin Boggs said:

When I contemplated moving here, gun laws were one of the first things I looked at also.  Fortunately for those of us married to a Pinay, she can own the gun :)  

and if you use it to kill someone you could go to jail for a very long time, even in self defence. 

• Like 5