U.S. Social Security statement?

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tom77 said:

I can not access my social security statement online because according to the social security dept. the address i provided doesnt match what g.d eqifax has. Yep thats what I  was told. Evidently SSA relies on eqifax info. The credit bereau that was hacked in 2017 and where 145 million people had their personal information stolen. Including ss numbers.

I went online from here in Davao four years ago when I applied for and then started to receive my automatic SS deposits - no problems whatsoever.

Some time later, I had some questions that I couldn't figure out online. I called the SS helpline number (which you can find online) and received all the assistance I needed - they were friendly, helpful and knew their stuff. Maybe try calling them again?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tom77
Posted
Posted

I valled 2x .They told me they would NOT allow me online access to my social security statement BECAUSE the address I provided does not match what Equifax has. They were not helpful told me to deal with equifax.

• Sad 1

Tom77
Posted
Posted

Thanks onmyway.  Youre right about people dont deal with Equifax.  But I have not applied for a loan /mortgage. The credit card i had was cancelled 9 years ago. So Equifax should not have any info. about me. Thats why I'm concerned.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Tom77 said:

Thanks onmyway.  Youre right about people dont deal with Equifax.  But I have not applied for a loan /mortgage. The credit card i had was cancelled 9 years ago. So Equifax should not have any info. about me. Thats why I'm concerned.

You might be surprised what they have on you.  Almost anyone can send them information.  Doctors, utilities, etc.  The last one I got had information from 20+ years ago.

I just tried to use the free credit report web site I posted and the 3 services denied me.  I think it was because I did not use VPN and they knew I was trying to get the reports from overseas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tom77 said:

Have you tried getting a credit report online from Equifax? If you can see that, it will show your address and all the other information they have on file for you.

They may be using an old address you had?

I have been able to access everything from here in Philippines. However, I have sometimes had to answer a string of questions related to my past - old addresses, phone numbers, etc. A few times it was a bit nerve-wracking because I could not remember some of the addresses from before. We were sailing and our relative who handled our mail was in the Navy and moved around a lot. But eventually everything has been accessible. Can you contact Equifax directly by phone? Sorry.... just trying to think of what I would do in your situation...

If you can reach them by phone, make sure you have your passport available, driver's license, credit cards - everything because they will likely quiz you on all that stuff to verify your identity. Have any past addresses available too and the dates when you were there. Sometimes phone numbers - old ones - may be asked about. I tell you this from past experience when my ex had her wallet stolen full of credit cards, license, etc. It was a hassle, but we were able to push her identity through and re-establish credit and everything...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Thanks 1

Tom77
Posted
Posted

Thanks Tommy T. 

Appreciate your concern . They may be using an address from 1997 when I attempted to remortgage my home. A long time ago..

I did try the online method , didnt work.

I did try contacting by phone but its all automated and useless.  I'm going to apply for the annualcreditreport by mail. Their online doesnt work.  So I'll mail it DHL.

Thanks

• Sad 1

Tom77
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

You might be surprised what they have on you.  Almost anyone can send them information.  Doctors, utilities, etc.  The last one I got had information from 20+ years ago.

I just tried to use the free credit report web site I posted and the 3 services denied me.  I think it was because I did not use VPN and they knew I was trying to get the reports from overseas.

Ive been reading  customer reviews about annual credit report .com  Alot of people who are in the U.S.cant get online reports. No reason is given they're told to call or submit by mail. Lousy service. 

I tried to get equifax online with VPN tuned to eastern U.S  no good. 👎

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tom77 said:

Ive been reading  customer reviews about annual credit report .com  Alot of people who are in the U.S.cant get online reports. No reason is given they're told to call or submit by mail. Lousy service. 

I tried to get equifax online with VPN tuned to eastern U.S  no good. 👎

That sucks.  Probably the same for me.  I was hoping to get mine as I have not seen it for 5+ years.

I can get my credit score for free from my credit card company, but not the credit report.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Tom77 said:

I did try contacting by phone but its all automated and useless.  I'm going to apply for the annualcreditreport by mail. Their online doesnt work.  So I'll mail it DHL.

Sorry to hear you are having so many problems. The new world order is making things so difficult for the many of us who are honest and just living a non-standard life. I offer the best wishes to you as you proceed. Please give us an update so we can learn from your situation?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Thanks 1

Tom77
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Sorry to hear you are having so many problems. The new world order is making things so difficult for the many of us who are honest and just living a non-standard life. I offer the best wishes to you as you proceed. Please give us an update so we can learn from your situation?

Thanks , and will do.

21 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

That sucks.  Probably the same for me.  I was hoping to get mine as I have not seen it for 5+ years.

I can get my credit score for free from my credit card company, but not the credit report.

I know real pain in the neck. What you can do is print out there application form from www.annualcreditteport.com and fill it out. Then send it via fed ex or DHL . Then theyll supposedly send you all 3 reports to whatever mailing address you write on the form. Overseas? I dont know. I use a virtual mailbox. Traveling mailbox. With a Los Angeles add. Great sevice. 

• Thanks 1