Posted
Posted

p32 base fare, good luck!

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

p32 base fare, good luck!

I just looked and initially it said the all in fare for October was p899.  I clicked on one and they all changed to p1199!  Friggin discount airlines are driving me nuts!  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I just looked and initially it said the all in fare for October was p899.  I clicked on one and they all changed to p1199!  Friggin discount airlines are driving me nuts!  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

I dont think I have ever found the price they advertise. 

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Hopefully they are less like a bunch of con-merchants with their aircraft maintenance. :rolleyes:

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Probably a single ticket per flight at that price and designed to generate web traffic? :89:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Probably a single ticket per flight at that price

I have purchased offers like that before.  The ticket is only 32 pesos but the cost of fuel surcharge, airport taxes, online purchase fee, and other assorted crap usually brings the ticket price up to 1500 pesos or more.

Airlines cannot really sell tickets at a low price like that.  Cebu Pacific tried, some years ago, but almost all of the ridiculously low tickets were purchased by travel agents before they were available to the general public.  Perhaps to resell them and perhaps to get them off the market so people would have to buy full price tickets at higher commissions.

RBM
Posted
Posted

Without spending to long on line I  recently purchased a throw away with Cebu Pacific. Clark to Macau think was P2K.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Mike J said:

Probably a single ticket per flight at that price and designed to generate web traffic? :89:

Actually Cebu Pacific has a list of how many are available on each route.  Accurate?  I don't know.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted (edited)

I still don't understand why people don't buy the cheap tickets via a broker.  There's ample websites selling one way tickets for less than $10.  Just do a reputation check on the website as some are 100% safe others aren't.  I've used those sites before with no issue.  I'm led to believe the ticket booked on your behalf is very expensive for the intital purchaser who buys it in your name with free cancellations within 48hrs.  They pay say $500 and sell it to you for $10.  47hrs later they cancel the ticket and demand a refund making them $10. 

Edited by Snowy79

Ozzyboy
Posted
Posted

I do a lot of flying all over the world and i have to pay for my own flights,

so i do search (not for the cheapest) flight but the cheapest / flight

duration time,  how many times have i found my ideal flight, noted it

on paper, went back the next day, the price has gone up, it also happened

one day,  i found my ideal flight,  my friend calls me, i get back to the computer,

it says ''your session has expired, please log on again'' log back on, price has gone up.

These are deliberate ploys by companies to get you to pay more, in my case, yours

could differ, i find my perfect flight, if i don't book it straight away i make a note of

the flight and price, when i'm ready to book i search for the flight again using several

engines like Momondo, Skyscanner, Rumbo and others, i use one browser to search for

the price then repeat the search using other browsers ( i have 6)  you will be surprised

at the results, remember cookies keep your search in memory, if you join any flight

search website you will never get the bargains also if you tick the box to be alerted of

the next lowest fare, it won't happen, i search for flights in a browser private window

so they never know who you are, they want your business so display the best fares ,,,

by using a private window it eliminates cookis and history,,,

all companies do it,  a good guide is Scott's Cheap Flights,  have a look, the website

has good tips on getting cheap tickets.

Good luck.

• Like 4