trafficking and relatives

bamfurlong
Posted
Posted

i am aware of the law regarding foreigner / adult travelling with underage kids, but when it says that the offence is committed if the adult is not related to the children i am unsure.

i am married to my philippina 20 years now, so if for example i was in the mall or bus station and i am alone with her sister child or her sister grandchild am i considered related or not,,,,,,,does it mean only a blood relative is acceptable.

i will try searching the republican act to see if it give accurate rules.

its a little annoying when you are an innocent with only good intentions and something happens .

my 20 year old half/half daughter always links my arm when we walk and i had tee shirts made with printed on it " one babae is my aswaa and one babae is anak so keep your mind clean"    it was interesting to see the reactions when people read it

bamfurlong
Posted
Posted

i think i just found the info,,,,providing the adult is covered under the 4th degree of consanguinity or affinity he should be fine.

the affinity part would cover me as it is regarding being an uncle or inlaw,,,,,,,,,so i think it would be a problem for single men who have only a gf, being married would cause these defences to apply

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bamfurlong said:

i think i just found the info,,,,providing the adult is covered under the 4th degree of consanguinity or affinity he should be fine.

the affinity part would cover me as it is regarding being an uncle or inlaw,,,,,,,,,so i think it would be a problem for single men who have only a gf, being married would cause these defences to apply

That's the important part, for a foreigner.   

Basically, stepchildren (and your own, of course) and nephews and nieces are 'ok'. 

• Like 1