God bless them

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I had to get my brush cutter serviced, there were some weird noises coming from the shaft, no problem my GF'S brothers uncles cousin who has a nephew has a shop that does this sort of work, so off it went.

Now I know that I always keep my equipment at least half full of petrol  and even more, and am fanatical about keeping the oil  at the correct level.

So I got the machine back and went to use it  and they must have put a vacuum pump into the tank to get all the petrol out of it, there wasn't even a whiff of petrol in the tank, so I did bring this to his attention and his reply was that he had to test it, yeah pigs fly.

They don't realise that with me you if phuck me over once there is no second go at me, he just lost what could have been further work for my other machines.

Don't you just love them.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I took my motorcycle in for a service.  It had been rigged up with LED side lights by a previous owner which were illegal so I disconnected the wiring.  I got my motorcycle back and noticed the mechanic had taken the switches off of the handlebars.  I asked where the switches were and he just said " no need sir "  I pointed out I never needed holes either in the cowling where they were fitted so get them back now.  Too late he had thrown them away.  Aye right.  I did get a discount though and found identical switches in Manila but the cheek of him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

I had to get my brush cutter serviced, there were some weird noises coming from the shaft, no problem my GF'S brothers uncles cousin who has a nephew has a shop that does this sort of work, so off it went.

Now I know that I always keep my equipment at least half full of petrol  and even more, and am fanatical about keeping the oil  at the correct level.

So I got the machine back and went to use it  and they must have put a vacuum pump into the tank to get all the petrol out of it, there wasn't even a whiff of petrol in the tank, so I did bring this to his attention and his reply was that he had to test it, yeah pigs fly.

They don't realise that with me you if phuck me over once there is no second go at me, he just lost what could have been further work for my other machines.

Don't you just love them.

Reminds me of the time about 10 years ago when I took my 1994 Honda Accord to a shop to get it painted. Had a half tank of gas when I dropped it off. When I picked it up the low fuel light was on. Couldn't prove anything. After that whenever I took a car in for something I get the manager to witness the mileage on the odometer with me. :huh:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

After that whenever I took a car in for something I get the manager to witness the mileage on the odometer with me

Its common to steal the fuel in the Philippines, but checking the odometer won't help.  Stolen gas does not show on the odometer.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

This thread has been very enlightening for me.  I will definitely be checking the fuel gauge each time we take our vehicles to the shop for any kind of service or repairs.  Thanks @Onemore52

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

I will definitely be checking the fuel gauge each time we take our vehicles to the shop for any kind of service or repairs. 

That is one of the good things about a main Dealer, they have a service request form for you to sign before they do anything ( well Suzuki do) on that is marked damage when coming in, Speedo Reading and Fuel content :whatever: More expensive maybe But...........:smile: 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

That is one of the good things about a main Dealer, they have a service request form for you to sign before they do anything ( well Suzuki do) on that is marked damage when coming in, Speedo Reading and Fuel content :whatever: More expensive maybe But...........:smile: 

Two issues for me using the Nissan service center.  It is located approximately three hours away in Cebu City.  Had to justify that kind of time and extra expense for routine service (lube and oil) for a vehicle that is long out of warranty.

The second issue relates to a problem we had two years ago.  The issue was a small part that contained a computer chip used in the accelerator system.  Nissan wanted to charge 18,000 peso ($360.00) for the part.  The shop owner here went onto the internet and found the same part available from a supply house in the USA.  Total cost for the part to include air freight and tarrif charges was just under $34.00.  

So yes, we are in strong agreement about the "More expensive" side of the equation.  The checklist is a good idea and I wonder if you could basically make up your own checklist to use at any shop.  Seems like an honest owner and/or mechanic would not have an issue where both parties agree on condition of the vehicle coming in.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Reminds me of the time about 10 years ago when I took my 1994 Honda Accord to a shop to get it painted. Had a half tank of gas when I dropped it off. When I picked it up the low fuel light was on. Couldn't prove anything. After that whenever I took a car in for something I get the manager to witness the mileage on the odometer with me. :huh:

Same thing happened to me last year. 3/4 tank of gas when car was delivered to the shop. The low fuel light was on when I picked it up.

Every time I go to a shop since then and leave the car, I have the customer service rep look at the fuel gauge with me. In future I may take a photo of it since that would have date and time too... I just hope that whoever lifted the fuel needed it more than me...

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Just part of the service checking that the fuel is good, you may have picked up a duff batch last time you filled up.

• Haha 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Its common to steal the fuel in the Philippines, but checking the odometer won't help.  Stolen gas does not show on the odometer.

That's true. But more mileage on the car than when I took it in might be a hint!:Mad: 

• Hmm thinking 1