God bless them

hk blues
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

That's true. But more mileage on the car than when I took it in might be a hint!:Mad: 

Indeed - if they're going to steal your gas they could at least have the decency to use your car to do so!  

• Haha 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

That's true. But more mileage on the car than when I took it in might be a hint!:Mad: 

You obviously need to change your garage, a friend asked his local garage to sell his car while he came back to the UK for a couple of months. When went back it wasn't sold but the silver lining was that  it had done 30k less than when he dropped it off.:89:

• Haha 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Maybe you have figured it out by now. They drove my car around before they painted it..:wink:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Maybe you have figured it out by now.

I had you figured out,, no worries.

• Haha 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I had you figured out,, no worries.

Not yet!:shake_80_anim_gif:

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I thought this would fit just nicely in this thread.

This is why Philippines will NEVER EVER become a 2nd world country

The difference between the poor and rich nations is not the age of the Nation.

This can be demonstrated by countries like India and Egypt, which are more than
2000 years old and are still poor countries.

On the other hand, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, which 150 years back were insignificant, today are developed and rich countries.

The difference between the poor and rich nation does not also depend on the available natural resources.

Japan has limited territory, 80% mountainous, unsuitable for agriculture or farming, but is the second in worlds economy. The country is like an immense floating factory, importing raw material from the whole world and exporting manufactured products.

Second example is Switzerland, it does not grow cocoa but produces the best chocolates in the world. In her small territory she rears animals and cultivates the land only for four month in a year, nevertheless manufactures the best milk products. A small country which is an image of security which has made it the strongest world bank.

Executives from rich countries who interact with their counterparts from poor countries show no significant intellectual differences.

The racial or colour factors also do not evince importance: migrants heavy in laziness in their country of origin are forcefully productive in rich European countries.

What then is the difference?

The difference is the attitude of the people, moulded for many years by education and culture.

When we analyse the conduct of the people from the rich and developed countries, it is observed that a majority abide by the following principles of life:

1. Ethics, as basic principles.
2. Integrity.
3. Responsibility.
4. The respect for Laws and Regulations.
5. The respect from majority of citizens by right.
6. The love for work.
7. The effort to save and invest.
8. The will to be productive.
9. Punctuality.

In the poor countries a small minority follow these basic principles in their daily life.

We are not poor because we lack natural resources or because nature was cruel towards us.

We are poor because we lack attitude. We lack the will to follow and teach these principles of working of rich and developed societies.

WE ARE IN THIS STATE BECAUSE
WE WANT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OVER
EVRYTHING AND EVERYONE.

WE ARE IN THIS STATE BECAUSE
WE SEE SOMETHING DONE WRONG
AND SAY - “LET IT BE”
WE SHOULD HAVE A SPIRITED MEMORY
AND ATTITUDE…

I really wish this could be ingrained in the minds, and mindsets, of the people here.  I'd say rarely a day goes by that I don't say to my wife something about one of the things mentioned above.  The usual response is something along the lines of "Yes, of course you're right but what is the point in just 1 person speaking out - nothing will change?".  I usually shut up at that point.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, hk blues said:

"Yes, of course you're right but what is the point in just 1 person speaking out - nothing will change?".  I usually shut up at that point.  

I now stop talking at the "that is just how it is done here" comment.

• Like 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I mostly get “This isn’t Australia Geoffrey...” and then ‘the look’

so I stop talking :mocking:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

This comment comes under the same umbrella,

Having had no water for a month now, I decided to take the plunge and inquire about getting a well dug, of course I didn't make the inquiry personally, the GF did the groundwork, so she called the plumber, he came out and inspected the job without me being there and gave a quote of 25k with a lot of the job already completed by another person, which was the sinking of 4x4ft reinforced concrete culverts.

So she called this person and told him to go ahead with the job, he replied that he would have to come out and measure the job again, just to be sure, to be sure. Unfortunately I came home while he was halfway doing the re measurement to be sure.

The quote went from 25k to 41k in a New York minute.

So I have to go to plan B, after he could not really justify the increase in price and I lost my cool, so I don't think he will come back again anyway.

• Like 3