God bless them

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

... so I don't think he will come back again anyway.

I imagine you wouldn't want him to anyway - all trust is gone and he'd just be trying to claw back some of the discount he was forced to give you in other ways (if you were able to discount the 41K) 

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, hk blues said:

I imagine you wouldn't want him to anyway - all trust is gone and he'd just be trying to claw back some of the discount he was forced to give you in other ways (if you were able to discount the 41K) 

Yes, I wouldn't be able to look him in the eye.

Having spoken to a local hardware man up the road who has my trust I have another plan which I will post on another thread called "water tanks".

• Like 1

RobH
Posted
Posted

When we moved into this house the water stank, I spoke to the landscaping guy who said he cold fix it, our original well was 25 feet deep.Theyy then proceeded to hammer 2 inch GI pipe into the ground , that was a sight to see scaffold about 10 feet high with 2 men and an enormous block of steel with a guide rod thumping it up and down when they got to 60 feet the water was tested using Guaybano leave crushed up add the well water, turns blue if its bad. Another 20 feet of pipe tested again the leaves were clear water. drinkable, I tried it it was OK. 1.5 inch blue plastic pipe down inside the 2 inch ( both pipes had a series of holes drilled at the end, the blue plastic had fine gauze around it) connected to a 1.5 HP pump to a 500 Litre pressure tank on the ground. It works well. Thing to bear in mind that the tank doesn't fill to the top there is air trapped,  probably only a ¼ full, every few months it needs draining and fresh air added. This gives the water pressure when the pumps not running. If the pump short cycles (off and on over a short time) it needs air adding to the tank. Problem is the tanks here dont have a vent at the top to let the water out quickly.

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

bloody long way to the good water, at least it worked.

They are doing it differently here:

They get 4ft diameter reinforced culvert pipe and dig the inside of it out, the weight of the pipe sinks it into the ground, and they then keep doing that so far a total of 6 sections, cementing each section as they go, today there is a total of 8ft of water in the well, remembering that this well is about 150 metres from the river, so I guess all they are doing is finding the extremities of the river bank, as it is sand all the way.

Further info to follow.

• Like 1