Sad Reality Of Death

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

It's just normal life here, step daughter showed me a video this morning that her professor sent her. Girl had been raped (I assume as her top was pulled up), then her head was chopped off and on the floor in another room. It's not even made the news yet.

• Sad 4

graham59
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

When I first got here waaay back in 2002 I used to drink beer out on the street in front of a friends small store sitting on plastic chairs. Pretty soon other guys joined me and we had a little group once a week. One was an older dentist but still in practice, one worked for a water company, can't remember what the other guys did. Anyways while we were drinking one night a guy with no legs slid up to us with this contraption of a flat board with wheels on it looking for coins. He used old flip flops on his hands to scoot himself around.  After he left, the dentist (who we called doc) suggested that we pool our money together and build the guy a tricycle type thing that he could sit on and use his hands like on a bicycle to move around. I've never seen a happier face on someone when we gave him the finished product.:wave: 

Was that the guy in Angeles ?

He died recently, if the same guy (can only be one there). 

• Like 1

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

When I first got here waaay back in 2002 I used to drink beer out on the street in front of a friends small store sitting on plastic chairs. Pretty soon other guys joined me and we had a little group once a week. One was an older dentist but still in practice, one worked for a water company, can't remember what the other guys did. Anyways while we were drinking one night a guy with no legs slid up to us with this contraption of a flat board with wheels on it looking for coins. He used old flip flops on his hands to scoot himself around.  After he left, the dentist (who we called doc) suggested that we pool our money together and build the guy a tricycle type thing that he could sit on and use his hands like on a bicycle to move around. I've never seen a happier face on someone when we gave him the finished product.:wave: 

I've never seen a happier face on someone when we gave him the finished product.:wave:

AK, you have certainly gained my respect and admiration. Don’t stop being you.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Gary D said:

Only if their society has taught them to be horrified.

I still disagree. A child say 5 or 8 can still be traumatised by what's "hiding" in the closet so as far as I am concerned  its traumatic to anyone to see blood and guts all over the place no matter what country. 

• Like 5
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, graham59 said:

Was that the guy in Angeles ?

He died recently, if the same guy (can only be one there). 

Cavite City. I've moved so don't know his situation.:mellow:

graham59
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Cavite City. I've moved so don't know his situation.:mellow:

Ah, not the same guy then.  

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I still disagree. A child say 5 or 8 can still be traumatised by what's "hiding" in the closet so as far as I am concerned  its traumatic to anyone to see blood and guts all over the place no matter what country. 

I agree with you about any graphic pictures, I know of many young people who were affected by burns and that stayed with them for a long time some never get over it.

• Like 2

Jack D
Posted
Posted

How about graphic images that are seen in person? 

When I was a child, there was a major accident on a highway, and all of the traffic slowed down to about 5 mph. 

When my family’s car finally reached the scene of the accident, I was able to see state police officers placing dismembered body parts into individual plastic bags and labeling them.

At the time, I was more fascinated by how detailed the police procedure was being done rather than by how horrible the images were. 

Although this happened many years ago, I still have vivid memories of dismembered body parts that have never completely left my mind. Some things are just impossible to unsee once you see them.

• Sad 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Jack D said:

I still have vivid memories of dismembered body parts that have never completely left my mind. Some things are just impossible to unsee once you see them.

I Often wonder what goes on in the minds of the Official Police or authorities Photographers, Does it Haunt them? I somehow do not think so or they would give the Job Up :89: But it is a strange world we live in :huh:

• Like 1