Overstaying 1 day

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Given the nature of how things work here, and the pointlessness of trying to argue with officials, it's best to just take the date on the stamp in the passport as being gospel.

Even the experiences of different posters as per above posts differ.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

AHA.  The old "Thirty days in August" trick. :hystery:  Methinks you forgot the 31st of August.  Oh well, there are days I would rather forget too.

Its not that bad.  You will not get whipped with rubber hoses.  Just have cash in your pocket and a dumb look on your face when you exit at the airport.  They may let you go through or they may charge you the maximum (no more than AUS $300 for sure and probably less).  Either way will not damage your ability to come back to the Philippines in the future.

I must remember or write out 100 times, the ditty about remembering the days in the month i.e

30 days has August, June and September , the rest have 31 days except for February which has 29 days for the purpose of visas in the Philippines. That is by my reckoning.

Dave, that should work?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

I must remember or write out 100 times, the ditty about remembering the days in the month i.e

30 days has August, June and September , the rest have 31 days except for February which has 29 days for the purpose of visas in the Philippines. That is by my reckoning.

Dave, that should work?

30 days have September, April, June and November...

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, hk blues said:

30 days have September, April, June and November...

I think (and hope) he was joking?:89:

Although, when I have had a bit too much Tanduay, my reckoning agrees a bit with his?:cheers:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I think (and hope) he was joking?:89:

Although, when I have had a bit too much Tanduay, my reckoning agrees a bit with his?:cheers:

I hedged my bets with my reply just in case he wasn't joking!  :89:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

A little guide to working out the amount of days in the month.  Just put both your hands together in a clenched fist with the thumbs tucked in.   

1200px-Month_-_Knuckles_(en).svg.png

I always wondered who and how they decided on how many days in each month.  I never would have thought it was some astronomer who had no thumbs. :hystery:

• Haha 3

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

To add to my unsuredness (probable isn't such a word but it will do), I have just returned from my daily supply run of groceries and beer, where I nearly got wiped out by a maniac in a big 4 wheel drive, who things that people can be intimidated by the size of these man machines, anyway while I was in the SM store they had Christmas Carols blaring over the sound system, so WTF goes on here?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

while I was in the SM store they had Christmas Carols blaring over the sound system, so WTF goes on here?

It is September welcome to the Philippines :56fdd33e91832_santalaugh: Merry xmas.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

in the SM store they had Christmas Carols blaring over the sound system, so WTF goes on here?

Hmmm... only today? Then they are running a bit late this year... Frosty the Snowman never did sound right to me when it's 30 degrees (C) outside...

Or maybe you are really totally unsure and confused with your calendar now? My calendar shows it's December 4 today...where've you been?:hystery:

• Like 1