American arrested trying to smuggle out Philippine baby

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

It will be interesting to find out how she was able to get the baby.  Was the baby kidnapped or stolen, sold by the parents, illegal adoption, etc.   

https://www.yahoo.com/news/american-caught-allegedly-smuggling-filipino-055620589.html

An American national is being questioned at the National Bureau of Investigation after an infant was discovered inside her carry-on luggage this morning at Ninoy Aquino International Airport.

The woman, who drew the attention of immigration officers inside the airport’s Terminal 3, has been identified as 43-year-old Jennifer Erin Talbot, according to Bombo Radyo. The baby was discovered inside Talbot’s bag by employees of Delta Airlines as she was about to check-in for her flight bound for the United States.

Talbot failed to show documents to immigration officers to prove that she had the authority to bring the baby along with her to her destination, reported The Philippine Daily Inquirer. While the infant did not possess a passport, authorities believe that the baby is about 6 days old and is a Filipino, according radio station DWIZ. Did we mention the kid was found inside her carry-on luggage?

Immigration officials will bring the infant to the Department of Social Work and Development. This story is developing and will be updated as soon as we obtain additional information.

• Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Mike J said:

sold by the parents,

That's the bet my money is on

• Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted

Must have been slipped into her luggage when she passed through immigration.

• Haha 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, scott h said:

That's the bet my money is on

Until the parents are arrested then the baby was kidnapped.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Any way you look at it, it was a very bad idea.

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Mike J said:

It will be interesting to find out how she was able to get the baby.  Was the baby kidnapped or stolen, sold by the parents, illegal adoption, etc.   

https://www.yahoo.com/news/american-caught-allegedly-smuggling-filipino-055620589.html

An American national is being questioned at the National Bureau of Investigation after an infant was discovered inside her carry-on luggage this morning at Ninoy Aquino International Airport.

The woman, who drew the attention of immigration officers inside the airport’s Terminal 3, has been identified as 43-year-old Jennifer Erin Talbot, according to Bombo Radyo. The baby was discovered inside Talbot’s bag by employees of Delta Airlines as she was about to check-in for her flight bound for the United States.

Talbot failed to show documents to immigration officers to prove that she had the authority to bring the baby along with her to her destination, reported The Philippine Daily Inquirer. While the infant did not possess a passport, authorities believe that the baby is about 6 days old and is a Filipino, according radio station DWIZ. Did we mention the kid was found inside her carry-on luggage?

Immigration officials will bring the infant to the Department of Social Work and Development. This story is developing and will be updated as soon as we obtain additional information.

I read about that in the Star this am. She made it through some of the checkpoints but when she had to put all her stuff on the xray machine she took the baby out. Someone noticed it and stopped her. It might be too bad for the baby. He or she might have had a better life wherever the woman was trying to take it to. Maybe an unwanted pregnancy or something like that.:whatever: 

• Sad 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I read about that in the Star this am. She made it through some of the checkpoints but when she had to put all her stuff on the xray machine she took the baby out. Someone noticed it and stopped her. It might be too bad for the baby. He or she might have had a better life wherever the woman was trying to take it to. Maybe an unwanted pregnancy or something like that.:whatever: 

I hear you AK, but it's not the way to go about things.  There are procedures in place for international adoptions and plenty of wealthy locals may be able to give a good life as well.  

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I hear you AK, but it's not the way to go about things.  There are procedures in place for international adoptions and plenty of wealthy locals may be able to give a good life as well.  

I know a few Filipino couples desperate to have a child and not able to conceive even with IVF.

Whatever the her reasons, I agree with hk blues it's not the way to do it, what if the child had died on route to wherever the intended destination was ?

• Like 4

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I know it's not. I'm not as dumb as I appear to be. But I would bet that if the woman was successful, the kid would have had a much better life with someone who wanted it rather than the person who  gave it it away. :facepalm_80_anim_gif:    

hk blues
Posted
Posted
Just now, Arizona Kid said:

But I would bet that if the woman was successful, the kid would have had a much better life with someone who wanted it rather than the person who  gave it it away.     

Goes without saying AK...but still doesn't begin to justify trying to pull such a stunt

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1