American arrested trying to smuggle out Philippine baby

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

It is also possible that she could be selling the baby once stateside for profit 

I know if one Bulgarian who made a few million out of selling babys in the states,all done legally ,taking kids from orphanages and selling them to child less couples in the states 

Speaking as an adopted person , i ended up with a much better life , adopted kids are loved 

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Goes without saying AK...but still doesn't begin to justify trying to pull such a stunt

Maybe so. But the red tape that the Philippine authorities have in place will discourage anyone from doing it the legal way. The Marcos billions from the early 70's are still in the court system. And most judgments are in favor of Imelda keeping the money that they stole. What do you think she should do? The only way you can win a judgement here is if you have the big bucks. If you don't believe me just ask. :hungover_40_anim_gif: 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

But the red tape that the Philippine authorities have in place will discourage anyone from doing it the legal way.

Not sure about that. Only 2 weeks ago a story of a couple adopting a child here. They wanted one and they have no choice of who they get but instead of just one they were given three.

Now to remember where the story is. 

• Like 5

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Maybe so. But the red tape that the Philippine authorities have in place will discourage anyone from doing it the legal way. The Marcos billions from the early 70's are still in the court system. And most judgments are in favor of Imelda keeping the money that they stole. What do you think she should do? The only way you can win a judgement here is if you have the big bucks. If you don't believe me just ask. :hungover_40_anim_gif: 

As I said in my 1st post on this AK, I do hear you.  But...

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I get your point, AK. However, take a look at what can - and did - happen if or when it goes wrong. Sorry to disagree with your thoughts...

First off, the baby is yet now in a third set of hands and being, what was it, six days old? (even six weeks is pushing it). This baby's future is now in the hands of the courts or maybe an orphanage or???

Second, the woman doing the smuggling was caught and now faces possible fines, prison, who knows? Her future is looking to maybe be a bit bleak?

Lastly, the parent(s) may be identified and caught and also have his/her/their lives messed up for a while too.

I just don't think smuggling is the way to do this, no matter what. Just my opinion...

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tommy T. said:

Just my opinion...

And we know about Opinions don't we Tom :wink: or shall I tell you?

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

First off, the baby is yet now in a third set of hands and being, what was it, six days old? (even six weeks is pushing it). This baby's future is now in the hands of the courts or maybe an orphanage or???

Second, the woman doing the smuggling was caught and now faces possible fines, prison, who knows? Her future is looking to maybe be a bit bleak?

Lastly, the parent(s) may be identified and caught and also have his/her/their lives messed up for a while too.

I just don't think smuggling is the way to do this, no matter what. Just my opinion...

Put it in perspective

Firstly complete breaking the law in any country and if she managed to get the child to the USA I bet she would be caught very quick.

We dont know if the child could have had a better life, might have been destined to the sex trade.

Again we dont know but what sort of mothers just give a kid to anyone even if they gained money?

Could be the kid was stolen from the mother and sold on, we have no idea yet but,,,

Dumbest thing I think I have ever read trying to smuggle a baby out.

They say they have no brains here, hum bug  as this shows no real common sense anywhere unless the woman in custody is mentally unfit and not knowing what she is doing.

• Like 3

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted

My heart aches for this child. So sad 😭.

intrepid
Posted
Posted

A few more details but still the real story remains to be heard......

The investigation bureau said Talbot presented an affidavit at the airport, allegedly from the baby's mother – identified Maricris Dulap – giving consent for the baby to travel to the U.S., but it had not been signed by the mother. Talbot reportedly claimed to be the child's aunt.

The baby is now under the Social Welfare Department’s care.

NBI official Manuel Dimaano said Dulap gave her baby to Talbot in southern Davao city. He said investigators will try to determine how Talbot brought the baby out of Davao, which requires a city clearance for infants to be transported by a foreigner.

He said Dulap told the officers that she wanted to offer her baby for adoption, and there was no indication that she had sold the baby.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/american-woman-charged-phillipines-newborn-airport

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Firstly complete breaking the law in any country and if she managed to get the child to the USA I bet she would be caught very quick.

Exactly!

I am very sure she would have been caught by US customs and immigration at the incoming airport.

Plus, I cannot imagine being able to keep a baby concealed (pee, poo, crying, feeding?) on an airliner for 10-12 hours flying to somewhere in USA?

Smuggling anything is just not smart - people (babies), drugs, food, animals, what else? If you get caught, at the least you face stiff fines - at worst fines and prison time.