American arrested trying to smuggle out Philippine baby

jimeve
Posted
Posted

she has been done for human trafficking. 

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Just found this on MSNBC:

THE National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) on Thursday said criminal charges have been filed against the American woman arrested at the airport for trying to smuggle a week-old baby out of the country.

Jennifer Erin Talbot was charged with violation of the Anti-trafficking in Persons Act of 2003, according to NBI spokesman Auralyn Pascual.

Jennifer Erin Talbot cries when she was presented by officials of the National Bureau of Investigation to the media on Thursday.

Talbot failed to show proper travel documents for the infant, presenting instead a notarized letter allegedly from the infant’s mother, Maricris Dulap, entrusting the baby to Talbot.

The notarized letter lacked the mother’s signature, said Manuel Dimaano, NBI International Airport Investigation Division chief.

Talbot was placed under the custody of the NBI. Charges were also filed against Dulap and a “John Doe,” the so-called father of the infant, for violation of the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act.

Talbot arrived in the country on August 21 and met with Dulap in Davao on August 28 while waiting for the baby to be born. She then took the baby to Manila for her flight to the US.

• Like 2

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

Charge the notary as well, with anything possible. They supplied their seal without performing due diligence.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I'm rooting for the NBI and the courts on this one. 

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I get your point, AK. However, take a look at what can - and did - happen if or when it goes wrong. Sorry to disagree with your thoughts...

First off, the baby is yet now in a third set of hands and being, what was it, six days old? (even six weeks is pushing it). This baby's future is now in the hands of the courts or maybe an orphanage or???

Second, the woman doing the smuggling was caught and now faces possible fines, prison, who knows? Her future is looking to maybe be a bit bleak?

Lastly, the parent(s) may be identified and caught and also have his/her/their lives messed up for a while too.

I just don't think smuggling is the way to do this, no matter what. Just my opinion...

I agree with your opinion. I was just saying that if the women who was trying to do the smuggling was not a nut case, the baby might have been better off. I don't think that any kind of human smuggling is acceptable. I probably should have worded my original post more carefully. I was just saying IF the child was unwanted.:tiphat:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I agree with your opinion. I was just saying that if the women who was trying to do the smuggling was not a nut case, the baby might have been better off. I don't think that any kind of human smuggling is acceptable. I probably should have worded my original post more carefully. I was just saying IF the child was unwanted.:tiphat:

I understand, AK. I don't always word my thoughts quite the way I should. Yeah... apparently this one was not wanted by the parent(s)...

I admire what you have done and your humanity. It's actually my hat off to you.:tiphat::smile:

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

I understand, AK. I don't always word my thoughts quite the way I should. Yeah... apparently this one was not wanted by the parent(s)...

I admire what you have done and your humanity. It's actually my hat off to you.:tiphat::smile:

Amazing. A Kanuck and a Kano having a pleasant conversation.:cheers::grouphugg: 

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Amazing. A Kanuck and a Kano having a pleasant conversation.:cheers::grouphugg: 

See???!!! There can be world peace... we may be starting a trend!

Actually, I should have modified that with, "There may not be world sanity - neither of us can help that...":huh:

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted
On 9/5/2019 at 10:54 AM, Tommy T. said:

I get your point, AK. However, take a look at what can - and did - happen if or when it goes wrong. Sorry to disagree with your thoughts...

First off, the baby is yet now in a third set of hands and being, what was it, six days old? (even six weeks is pushing it). This baby's future is now in the hands of the courts or maybe an orphanage or???

Second, the woman doing the smuggling was caught and now faces possible fines, prison, who knows? Her future is looking to maybe be a bit bleak?

Lastly, the parent(s) may be identified and caught and also have his/her/their lives messed up for a while too.

I just don't think smuggling is the way to do this, no matter what. Just my opinion...

I was 8 days old when i was handed over to a church run adoption service , i spent the next three weeks in a box somewhere, 

When i eventually traced my biological mother , she told me that i was the end result of a drunken one night stand and that she never held me and wanted to hand me over asap

I want you to call me mum she said :7500::hystery:

• Sad 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

There is a long tradition of this.  Moses was left floating on a river and was picked up by a rich lady and raised as her own.  In a Catholic country that should be her defense. Of course, even back then the story was bull (rushes).

• Like 3