Hong Kong airport

stevewool
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

What is your flight date?  If you have some time, wait a bit and see if Hong Kong calms down some after the recent events.

Not flying out until early/ mid November so lots of time still but the later you book the more it cost, never thought about flying KLM, I will look up there prices.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, stevewool said:

Not flying out until early/ mid November so lots of time still but the later you book the more it cost, never thought about flying KLM, I will look up there prices.

I was curious about KLM.  I don't see that they have nonstop flights.  They have one that that they call direct but it stops in Taipei. 

Pretty good fairs, Manila to AMS, but the lowest are connecting in Hong Kong.  USD 741 roundtrip, flying on Cathay to Hong Kong and then KLM to AMS.  You can also go via Singapore on SQ then KLM, but much high price.

Amsterdam would be a good starting point for a Europe trip for my family and I.  Maybe in a few years.

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I have been checking KLM flights too, I was surprised that after flying from London  into Amsterdam you then fly into Hong Kong then onwards to Manila and the price £771 WOW.

Flying from Manchester my chosen airport with Cathy Pacific direct to Hong Kong then onwards to Manila cost just over £560 each, still have time to decide or told what flights to book.:whistling: 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

I have been checking KLM flights too, I was surprised that after flying from London  into Amsterdam you then fly into Hong Kong then onwards to Manila and the price £771 WOW.

Flying from Manchester my chosen airport with Cathy Pacific direct to Hong Kong then onwards to Manila cost just over £560 each, still have time to decide or told what flights to book.:whistling: 

Given the price difference and convenience of just 1 change, I might be willing to risk it if you don't have any pressing need to be here for a specific event i.e. the worst is you would be holed up in the airport for a few hours or so.  To some, that may be a big deal to others not so much.

Gary D
Posted
Posted

We paid £506 each on CP london manila with a change in HK, earlier in the year I saw £430 into clark but it didn't suit our timing. I'm not sure if PAL are non stop but usually you stop somewhere on the way.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Turkish Airlines .... London to Manila . . 461 pounds Rtn Leaving Nov 5 and back Jan 5 . .24 hour trip that includes 8 hrs and change planes in Istanbul.  Might be an option for you

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Pretty good fairs, Manila 

You might be right . Even at my age I enjoy a fair :cheersty:

fair.jpg 

• Haha 3

jimeve
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, stevewool said:

Must have changed, I got some great bargain flights with KLM. Manchester to Amsterdam> Manila. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Must have changed, I got some great bargain flights with KLM. Manchester to Amsterdam> Manila. 

Yes Jim I believe someone here told us that before, I Used it some times when the Fight was Direct, my last trip was Emirates,  Malaga> Madrid> Dubai.>Manila but Long Layover in Dubai, Good Price though at 903 Euro Malaga to Manila. Glad I don't have a need to do that any more :smile:

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Glad I don't have a need to do that any more :smile:

Me to Jack, done with the long flights.:thumbsup:

• Like 2