$4 Per Gallon Gasoline May Be Coming In 2010

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Parts of the US are now around $2.65 a gallon at the low, so if the US is possibly going to be $4 a gallon, I wonder what that will push the Philippines and other countries up to? I think the UK is already way above the US? So can members please tell us what gas prices are in your areas of the US or your area of your respective countries? Factors are lining up that could end up pushing gas prices back over $4 per gallon sometime next year. If you're already exasperated about prices at the pump, you're not the only one. Gasoline demand in 2009 has been comparatively low -- take 7.6 million Americans out of the workforce through layoffs -- yet gasoline's price has gone up, not down. Kerr said six factors are likely to continue to put upward pressure on gasoline prices in the U.S.: 1) more weakness in the dollar 2) increasing oil demand in China, 3) no readily available vehicle fuel substitute for gasoline in the U.S., 4) geopolitical tension, 5) inelastic gasoline demand in the U.S. (people can reduce gasoline consumption only so much), and 6) a lack of new, more efficient refineries in the U.S."A $4-per-gallon price is possible by the end of this year, but I think we'll definitely see $4 per gallon in 2010," Kerr said. Link to the complete story

Jerry
Posted
Posted
Parts of the US are now around $2.65 a gallon at the low, so if the US is possibly going to be $4 a gallon, I wonder what that will push the Philippines and other countries up to? I think the UK is already way above the US? So can members please tell us what gas prices are in your areas of the US or your area of your respective countries? Factors are lining up that could end up pushing gas prices back over $4 per gallon sometime next year. If you're already exasperated about prices at the pump, you're not the only one. Gasoline demand in 2009 has been comparatively low -- take 7.6 million Americans out of the workforce through layoffs -- yet gasoline's price has gone up, not down. Kerr said six factors are likely to continue to put upward pressure on gasoline prices in the U.S.: 1) more weakness in the dollar 2) increasing oil demand in China, 3) no readily available vehicle fuel substitute for gasoline in the U.S., 4) geopolitical tension, 5) inelastic gasoline demand in the U.S. (people can reduce gasoline consumption only so much), and 6) a lack of new, more efficient refineries in the U.S."A $4-per-gallon price is possible by the end of this year, but I think we'll definitely see $4 per gallon in 2010," Kerr said. Link to the complete story
Well kere in Korea its lots higher tan the states, I filled up today and it was 78000 won and in Dollars that would be $67.27 so its still pricey here. And yes its a deisel and that cheeper than gas Hope that give you an ideal about here.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Well kere in Korea its lots higher tan the states, I filled up today and it was 78000 won and in Dollars that would be $67.27 so its still pricey here. And yes its a deisel and that cheeper than gas Hope that give you an ideal about here.
Thank you Jerry, I hope everyone reports back and if possibly telling us how much a liter or gallon the prices are as well. I am amazed because I thought Korea would be less because of where it is situated, I wonder if most of that is taxes like in the UK and the states?