Sick and alone

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Okay, Old. I started the new topic as you requested. I hope I did not go overboard with my beginning. Maybe you are looking for something a bit simpler and straightforward than I just began. If so, please let me know and I can easily simplify, okay? Just now, re-reading your comment, I may have already started off a bit wrong - are you just looking for information about equipment and medications only? I might have mis-understood when I carried on about procedures and treatments in my voluminous preamble!!!:89:

No need to apologize, you are doing a service in trying to help us all out.  With your background and the training you received, your knowledge certainly exceeds mine, and I expect that of most others here on the forum.   Better to ramble a bit and cover all than leave out what could be a game changer for one of us.   Looking forward to following your new thread. :thumbsup: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

https://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/30885-home-medical-care-and-equipment/

Okay, Old. I started the new topic as you requested. I hope I did not go overboard with my beginning. Maybe you are looking for something a bit simpler and straightforward than I just began. If so, please let me know and I can easily simplify, okay? Just now, re-reading your comment, I may have already started off a bit wrong - are you just looking for information about equipment and medications only? I might have mis-understood when I carried on about procedures and treatments in my voluminous preamble!!!:89:

Carry on. Some group members hate it when they feel threatened that someone has more valuable information than THEY do.:facepalm_80_anim_gif:

Heeb
Posted
Posted

If you ever have to do the Heimlich on yourself make sure you give it your best shot on first attempt. A couple of years ago I was eating dinner with my family at a restaurant and my sister stood up and grabbed her throat, I got up and gave her the Heimlich and she was already passed out, she doesn't even remember me doing it, it was just a small piece of food, it was very surreal everyone in the restaurant was staring at us. My mom says I should have "just let her bloody go".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
On 9/8/2019 at 3:43 AM, Tommy T. said:

https://www.philippines-expats.com/topic/30885-home-medical-care-and-equipment/

I think you did great. The suggestion was because you are good at detailing topics. :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Heeb said:

If you ever have to do the Heimlich on yourself make sure you give it your best shot on first attempt. A couple of years ago I was eating dinner with my family at a restaurant and my sister stood up and grabbed her throat, I got up and gave her the Heimlich and she was already passed out, she doesn't even remember me doing it, it was just a small piece of food, it was very surreal everyone in the restaurant was staring at us. My mom says I should have "just let her bloody go".

She must have fainted from fear. I would have at least a minute or more. Problem might arise if you were eating lunch at some nature spot with no convenient chair back or nothing but flimsy plastic chairs around.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, robert k said:

She must have fainted from fear. I would have at least a minute or more. Problem might arise if you were eating lunch at some nature spot with no convenient chair back or nothing but flimsy plastic chairs around.

Well Heeb is from Spokane…. so there's that. :2245_safe:

• Haha 1