Now reteturned from my 3 week Philipines Visit !

Ice Patrol
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Good to hear it as I have an apartment at Alta Vista  Out of curiosity did you book it direct or via a private renter?  I'm asking this as there's acrazy rate difference depnding how you book.  Give Boracay another two years and it will be the place to go as there's still a lot of on going renovations.

booking directly is the cheapest and if you book through a travel agent you will pay around 10% more.If you are staying there and want to extend your stay more days and deal direct witht them,thats when you pay the higher rate …..

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Ice Patrol said:

booking directly is the cheapest and if you book through a travel agent you will pay around 10% more.If you are staying there and want to extend your stay more days and deal direct witht them,thats when you pay the higher rate …..

Come and visit Manila Bay. You can see all of the trash that the locals from up river throw into it. Boracay is just a place where they keep the trash under control so they can get tourist dollars. It's not the real Phills.:shock_40_anim_gif: 

• Like 3

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
On 9/10/2019 at 4:57 AM, Ice Patrol said:

We got our car out of storage and returned to a province of Iloilo which I don't know the name of.We stayed there one night and the next day traveled about 3 hours to San Joaquim Iloilo.

Antique? :biggrin:

Ice Patrol
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Antique? :biggrin:

No.... lol   

Ice Patrol
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Come and visit Manila Bay. You can see all of the trash that the locals from up river throw into it. Boracay is just a place where they keep the trash under control so they can get tourist dollars. It's not the real Phills.:shock_40_anim_gif: 

Thanks for the info and  please let me in on the Real Phills  destinations to visit.I will return early next year and would like to vist some of the nicest areas the Phillipines has to offer.....

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

But if you are up to date you might know of how much effort is going into cleaning the bay and rivers including huge new machinery purchases and as well smaller things like netting off points to prevent going into the sea.

Every week volunteers from goverment and private sector are there cleaning. 

I'm up to date. I read the Star every morning. If Pres. Duterte is as strict as he was for the cleanup of Borocay then Manila Bay might have a fighting chance. Now that's just for the stuff floating on top of the water. The crap on the seabed will be another story.:whatever:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Ice Patrol said:

Thanks for the info and  please let me in on the Real Phills  destinations to visit.I will return early next year and would like to vist some of the nicest areas the Phillipines has to offer.....

The Real Phills will be where most of the general population lives. Unless you are wealthy, a politician, or have vacation money to spend. Just visit anywhere..If you are a friendly type of person you will have a good time. Just pointing out that the vacation places are not typical of daily life.:goodluck_80_anim_gif: 

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

The crap on the seabed will be another story.

Again they have invested in dredging the sea bed. They remove the contaminated soil and the rest is dried then put through a sifting machine to remove and tiny bits of trash.

desilt.jpg dredge.jpg beach clean.jpg

• Like 4

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Again they have invested in dredging the sea bed. They remove the contaminated soil and the rest is dried then put through a sifting machine to remove and tiny bits of trash.

desilt.jpg dredge.jpg beach clean.jpg

I hope it works.:goodluck_80_anim_gif: