Sign in to follow this  
Mike J

African swine disease found in Philippines

I don't buy my pork from Africa so I should be safe, right?:hystery:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I don't buy my pork from Africa

Maybe it's home grown Swine fever as was stated that it was found in backyard farms.

Am i right to assume that imported pork are dead ones, how does that transfer to live Filipino pigs?

• Hmm thinking 1

8 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Maybe it's home grown Swine fever as was stated that it was found in backyard farms.

Am i right to assume that imported pork are dead ones, how does that transfer to live Filipino pigs?

I read in the Star today that their are some confirmed cases of the African Swine Fever in Bulican and Rizal. I don't know how it transfers. I hope they get it under control before it spreads.:bomb_80_anim_gif:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I read in the Star today that their are some confirmed cases of the African Swine Fever in Bulican and Rizal. I don't know how it transfers. I hope they get it under control before it spreads

From what I have read, the illness is a virus that has incredible tenacity and longevity - it can be transferred on footware, soil, car or motorcycle tires. In short, anything that is in contact with it can spread it. Unfortunately, since it has already appeared in Philippines, I think it will spread throughout the country. By the time symptoms appear in pigs in an area, it is already too late and probably spread beyond that area. There don't have to be imported infected pigs - items just coming from an infected area can be carriers.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Pigs will fly John.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, jimeve said:

Pigs will fly John.

Well someone has to bring home the bacon Jim!

Screenshot_2019-09-10 Why millions of pigs are being culled in Asia.png

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1