Wallet Lost - ACR Card Gone - International Flight Tomorrow

Forefall
Posted
Posted

Am I screwed?

So, to keep it short and simple:

• I have a flight home that I spent a lot of money for at the last minute to visit my father who just had a heart attack.
  • Flight is at 2AM tomorrow.
  • I'm a 13A Visa Holder since 2010
  • When I was out rushing around trying to get luggage and things ready for the trip, I left my wallet in a taxi and I had no receipt from it, so I have no idea who or what taxi service it was from... and my ACR card was in there.

I have no idea what to do now.  I've got the 13A stamp in my passport, so I was hoping that'd be enough?  Do I have to have my ACR card on hand?  I have not left the country on my 13A visa, so I have no idea what the process is like.

At this point, I don't even care if I lose my 13A visa, I just need to get home to visit my father because he's in very bad shape and might not make it through the next few days.  There's nothing more important than this to me.

Any help or opinions would be amazing...

Thanks

• Sad 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I was not asked for an ACR card when leaving on a 9(a) Temporary Visitor’s Visa so I cannot see why they would refuse to let you go if you do not have yours.  

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Hopefully a miracle may have occurred in the Phils, and your ACR will be on record on the BI computer system. 

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted (edited)

I don't know what the rules are regarding a 13A, as I just use regular extensions of stay, but In over 5 years I have NEVER been asked for my ACR card either when leaving or arriving at NAIA Manila. 

Sorry to hear about your father, I hope he makes a full recovery.

Ken

Edited by Huggybearman
  • Like 2

Gary D
Posted
Posted

What about an ECC, do you have one and can it be done at the airport.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Forefall said:

Am I screwed?

So, to keep it short and simple:

• I have a flight home that I spent a lot of money for at the last minute to visit my father who just had a heart attack.
  • Flight is at 2AM tomorrow.
  • I'm a 13A Visa Holder since 2010
  • When I was out rushing around trying to get luggage and things ready for the trip, I left my wallet in a taxi and I had no receipt from it, so I have no idea who or what taxi service it was from... and my ACR card was in there.

I have no idea what to do now.  I've got the 13A stamp in my passport, so I was hoping that'd be enough?  Do I have to have my ACR card on hand?  I have not left the country on my 13A visa, so I have no idea what the process is like.

At this point, I don't even care if I lose my 13A visa, I just need to get home to visit my father because he's in very bad shape and might not make it through the next few days.  There's nothing more important than this to me.

Any help or opinions would be amazing...

Thanks

One lesson learned here. Fanny Pack. Hope everything works out for you. :unsure:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Our thoughts are for you and your Father. Wish you both the very best.

• Like 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I sincerely hope your father recovers and that you go through immigration ok, those times are difficult enough without the extra stress of lost documents.

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

You should be fine travelling on your passport.  I've never once been asked for an ACR card.  The only issue would be if you require an Exit Clearance Certificate. 

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I had to show my 13a card at the airport for the exit clearance. I hope they see sense and it works out for you .