Wallet Lost - ACR Card Gone - International Flight Tomorrow

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

You should be fine travelling on your passport.  I've never once been asked for an ACR card.  The only issue would be if you require an Exit Clearance Certificate. 

What we need to remember is some are on one type of visa and others on another. Can make a difference to one's experiences. 

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Can make a difference to one's experiences. 

Absolutey, and the only way to learn is feedback so we have to hope that @Forefall comes back and tells us the follow up story.

• Like 3

Lou49
Posted
Posted

I photo copy all the important stuff including passport, acr, and drivers license etc.  I carry the photocopies and keep the originals in a safe place. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

graham59
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Lou49 said:

I photo copy all the important stuff including passport, acr, and drivers license etc.  I carry the photocopies and keep the originals in a safe place. 

I do the same,  and also photograph and keep as image files, saved in different places, including 'cloud' storage, such as 'Dropbox'.  They can easily be accessed on my phone, etc. :thumbsup:  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Lou49 said:

. It's a good idea but I'm not 100% sure officials would accept the copies.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

. It's a good idea but I'm not 100% sure officials would accept the copies.

Possibly not but it can’t hurt having the copies.

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, GeoffH said:

it can’t hurt having the copies.

Absolutely.  Or else you go through this:

Tom:  "Hello, US Embassy?  I've lost my passport.  I'm not sure if I lost it or it was stolen but its gone."

US Embassy:  "Did you report it to the police?  We cannot issue a replacement passport unless we have a police report"

Tom:  "Not yet but I'll do it now.  .   .  (new call) .  .  Hello Police?  I've lost my passport and I need a police report."

Philippine Police:  "Yes sir.  We will need 4 copies of each page of your lost passport and then we can file a report"

Tom:  "No, you don't understand.  I have LOST my passport and I cannot give you copies of something I do not have."

Philippine Police:  "No sir, YOU do not understand.  If you want the police report you will somehow find 4 copies of each page."

Fortunately Tom had some photos of his computer or his laptop and managed to figure out a way.  He got a replacement passport and then found his old one in the bottom of a closet, months later.  Silly old bugger, May he R.I.P.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

It helps just having a copy with all those important reference numbers on it... to aid replacement.  :wink:

I've always kept copies of my airline tickets, boarding passes,  visa stamp pages, etc.  You never know.... :thumbsup:

• Love it 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

Seems slightly odd that the OP never returned to update us on how he got on. Or even if he read any of the replies?

Perhaps he was too pre-occupied with sorting out his problem. It must have been very stressfulI. I wonder how he got on.

Anyway, I hope it all worked out for him in the end and his father makes a full recovery.

• Like 1

PaulB
Posted
Posted

When I applied for my ACR Card (residence) I had to come back to work in Abu Dhabi before the crd was issued and when I went through immigration at NAIA they would not let me leave. Stated I needed to have an exemption letter from the head of immigration. This was a Friday evening so it meant a weekend in Manila followed by early morning trip to immigration on the Monday and a whole lot of waiting to get the letter and I travelled Monday night. 

My mistake for not checking but it was a great weekend!

Paul