I don’t want anything to eat

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, stevewool said:

This last weekend I took Emma and her niece to London to stay there for a few days , they was stopping at a cousins house and I was to drop them off and travel back home a hour or so later, I had already told Ems I don’t want anything to eat once there just a drink and I would be off.

Well I may as well spoken to the brick wall, when we arrived those magic words was ringing in my ears ( along with the tinnitus) LETS EAT!, the table had been set and the lamb had been cooked, prawns was overflowing, Dauphinoise potatoes , garlic bread and NO RICE.

All I wanted was a cup of tea, but Ems was filling my plate as I was asking for my tea, why don’t they just listen to us when we say I don’t want anything , well after chewing a little bit of garlic bread and  those potatoes I was ready to go back home , why don’t they just listen when we say we don’t want anything.

Interesting comments, Steve. L does the same thing to me. In fact her entire family is like this. I have rather thin arms and legs for my height - always have. It doesn't matter if I worked out, ate huge amounts of food - nothing makes a difference - always thin legs and arms. But then my torso grows quickly... They don't notice that. I then need larger pants size. They always say I look too thin and need to gain weight...sheesh!!!

It's not just a Filipino thing, it's a mother thing... In my 40's, my Mom looked at me over the dinner table and said, "Tom you look like you have gained some weight.... Here, have some more dessert... I made it specially for you!"

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

The next time it happens, and it will, try patting your stomach, smiling, and saying "busog".   Rough translation is "already full, or satisfied with food already eaten".  

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Heeb said:

My wife always cooks too much food, I used to just go along with it but we are retired and food is expensive, she cooks enough for an army at lunch and I'm thinking I have leftovers for the next 3 days but she's already cooking something else for dinner.

Wonder how many of us have the identical problem. It's always an over kill, especially if friends coming for dinner.

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, virginprune said:

Proper cooking is something else entirely.

Proper cooking is when you are burning meat or veggies on the stove or in the oven and drinking copious amounts of wine or Tanduay inside the kitchen.:hystery:

Or even more correct - it's when you are sitting around drinking the wine or Tanduay and you SO is cooking the rest of the dinner because you are incapable by then???

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Haha 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, stevewool said:

This last weekend I took Emma and her niece to London to stay there for a few days , they was stopping at a cousins house and I was to drop them off and travel back home a hour or so later, I had already told Ems I don’t want anything to eat once there just a drink and I would be off.

Well I may as well spoken to the brick wall, when we arrived those magic words was ringing in my ears ( along with the tinnitus) LETS EAT!, the table had been set and the lamb had been cooked, prawns was overflowing, Dauphinoise potatoes , garlic bread and NO RICE.

All I wanted was a cup of tea, but Ems was filling my plate as I was asking for my tea, why don’t they just listen to us when we say I don’t want anything , well after chewing a little bit of garlic bread and  those potatoes I was ready to go back home , why don’t they just listen when we say we don’t want anything.

Maybe they want to fatten you up so they can sell you?:56da64a571a25_7_4_171:

• Haha 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, RBM said:

Wonder how many of us have the identical problem. It's always an over kill, especially if friends coming for dinner.

It's the same at my house. I always tell her that she cooked too much, and she always tells me that it will get eaten. And it does. I stopped complaining.:unsure:

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

I can always tell if L does not like what I cook... she only eats a normal portion for a westerner... If it is Filipino food or a western food I prepare that she likes, she cleans the plate easily and quickly...and asks for more!

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Well I'm the boss in this house,  lump it or leave it

Bwahahahaha... She's done a great job if she has let YOU believe YOU are the boss in the house?:hystery:

• Haha 3