K-cups

Heeb
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know if K-cups for the Keurig coffee maker are available in P.I. and are they expensive? My wife likes her K-cup coffee, also how about Breath rite nasal strips or any equivalent knockoff brands, I have a deviated septum and can't sleep without. I'm also bringing a standard 5lb CO2 tank for my beer kegs, I will be brewing some beer and have just shipped a couple 55 lb bags of maris otter malted grain, can I get this tank refilled over there, probably a dumb question but have to make sure.

image.png

robert k
Posted
Posted

Fountain drink stands must get their CO2 somewhere.

• Like 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, robert k said:

Fountain drink stands must get their CO2 somewhere.

But they would need an adapter to fill the bottle. I'm not sure if it's a universal thing, they may have different fittings over there.

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

There are quite a few companies around that refill most types of gases for industrial purposes. Whether your cylinder is compatible with their equipment, I guess you would have to bring one for them to try.

If you are unable to find anything suitable over here, then I am sure you could ship them via Shipping Cart, an LBC subsidiary.

As they are filled gas cylinders you would have to ship them via their sea freight option.

I use the Sodastream carbonated system and ship my replacement cylinders over from the UK that way. They are available in hardware stores locally but at a ridiculous price!

Ken

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Any info on C cups?:chickendance:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jared
Posted
Posted

There are a handful of things that one might be used to in the US where the best practical option is to simply let it go and either learn to live without it or find a much more convenient alternative. K cups is one of those things, imo. I too had a Keurig addiction when I moved here and looked for K cups. I'm sure they could be found if you really really want them (like from someone who has imported them), but I haven't seen them selling in any stores. Their popularity has already crashed in the US (due to the wastefulness of all those plastic cups), so I'd say one is generally better off staying ahead of the curve and moving on from K cups in either country.

Suggested alternative: instant coffee mix packets found in any grocery or convenience store in the Phils.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Any info on C cups

AK... you have a one-track mind...and it's derailed!!!:hystery:

• Haha 1

roddavis
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Heeb said:

Does anyone know if K-cups for the Keurig coffee maker are available in P.I. and are they expensive? My wife likes her K-cup coffee, also how about Breath rite nasal strips or any equivalent knockoff brands, I have a deviated septum and can't sleep without. I'm also bringing a standard 5lb CO2 tank for my beer kegs, I will be brewing some beer and have just shipped a couple 55 lb bags of maris otter malted grain, can I get this tank refilled over there, probably a dumb question but have to make sure.

image.png

In response to the K-cups. Was able to get some at S&R a while back but just a couple types. I haven't seen them for the past 6 months. Now Lazada and Shoppe carry them and quite a few new/different ones, like Bananna Foster k-cups. But those are a bit pricey for my tastes. Averages about $2 a cup or more. About as much as going to Starbucks

bob1965
Posted
Posted (edited)

You can buy a refillable k cup and buy whatever beans you like. Saves Money over time. i can’t be the only curry pot.

Edited by bob1965
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1