Why did you decide to retire in the Philippines?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, "P2" said:

it would be to stretch our retirement funds and be closer to her family.

I need say nothing further...…….:thumbsup:

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, "P2" said:

So what made you decide to leave your home country and live out your days in the Philippines? ...and what city did you choose and why? 

For me and my wife, it would be to stretch our retirement funds and be closer to her family. Still looking at the outskirts of Cebu (will visit there next year) as Hawaii was way too expensive.

Obligatory pic of the wife and I....

PAPBGP.jpg

Good looking couple. You guys will probably be happy wherever and whenever you retire.:tiphat:

• Like 2

"P2"
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Good looking couple. You guys will probably be happy wherever and whenever you retire.:tiphat:

Thanks!

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Married to a Filipina woman says it all  really, they may be small and Petite and beautiful, but just tell them you want to retire to anywhere but the Philippines and see what happens !👹

Seriously though for me it was because of love.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, expatuk2014 said:

tell them you want to retire to anywhere but the Philippines and see what happens

I did just that albeit for 12 years, then she said I wants to go back home permanently. We planned to retire in the Philippines anyhow so weren't a big deal, already built a large house near the sea.

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, jimeve said:

I did just that albeit for 12 years, then she said I wants to go back home permanently. We planned to retire in the Philippines anyhow so weren't a big deal, already built a large house near the sea.

If you don't mind saying. What sea did you build your house near? I've been driving around in the Cavite area and have yet to witness any seaside homes built near any beach that is not polluted with plastic and other crap including dead pigs and dogs washed up on the shore by the wave action. This might sound like I don't like it here. But I do love living here.:whatever:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Because my wife told me we were, because she was from Cebu and because she'd already bought a condo unit (without telling me).

• Hmm thinking 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

If you don't mind saying. What sea did you build your house near?

I think it's called the Bohol sea, There's a fish sanctuary where I snorkel a place called Dauin on Negros Oriental. For me it's a great location It's possible to be in Cebu in 1 hour. Love it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1