Best Way To Get Some NZ Dollars

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 9/13/2019 at 8:42 PM, OnMyWay said:

Another option would be to withdraw NZ dollars from an ATM, using my BPI peso ATM card.  I'm guessing that would be expensive.

I didn't really need to, but I tested this method today.  Very expensive!  I withdrew 100 NZD from a bank ATM at the mall.  Charge from the bank was 3 NZD, and then amount taken from my BPI account indicates I lost a total of about 9-10 NZD, vs. the exchange rate on XE.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Just a little advice. At the S&R in Imus,Cavite, not all of the checkout counters were wired to handle international credit cards. Ask first. I ended up having to take my card to the managers office and run it through their machine. It was approved but I had to call my US credit union to straighten things out. They had duplicate charges on my card.:mellow:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, RBM said:

we can sort out Kiwi $ to our both mutual benefits.

I assume you mean that you will give me a lot of Kiwi $, then you will feel very good about yourself!  :dance:

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

By far the best way to spend my dollars here is to use my USD Capital One credit card.  I have used it 4 or 5 times already and Mastercard has a great exchange rate.  Far better than any money changer.  They take it almost everywhere except for a few small places.